On my website

On my website (XboxE3.com) how can I put this plugin (slider - https://wordpress.org/plugins/ml-slider/) above the #XboxE3 bit?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Calum!

Not sure I want to help you with this since you didn't show up at my live chat this morning... :p

na, since your theme doesn't appear to have any widgets for that area you will need to edit the template file. Likely in the header.php file and find a spot between your primary and secondary menus then add the "template include" code from the Meta Slider:

If you need a hand with that just send in your FTP and I can have a look :slight_smile:

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

• Calum

Hey Tyler

Lol... erm... well... I was playing FIFA 17 and I forgot the time... yeah.... (looks around).

Do you need FTP access or can this be done via WP-Admin? I can see you can edit header.php in templates so it may be faster/easier to do it there, maybe?

I've given access and installed the plugin.

I think if you do the basic of putting it there, then I can't be blamed for breaking it lol

(I do have a backup if it goes wrong :slight_smile: )

Thanks Tyler, I owe you one

• Tyler Postle

We have a policy of never editing files through the wp-admin because if we make any mistakes, even small syntax one then it will bring the whole site down and everyone will be locked out :smiley:

Having FTP allows us to reverse any mistakes we make lol. If you still want me to edit in the wp-admin then I can, but yeah it comes with risk.

With that said, I can show you what to change here because it looks like you almost had it.

Swap that shortcode out with this line:

<?php echo do_shortcode("[sliderpro id="1"]"); ?>

Then you should be all good to go :slight_smile:

It is best to do this with a child theme though, it looks like you have a parent theme activated. If you update that theme then you will need to re-add that line.

• Tyler Postle

Sorry, that was my bad! See that's exactly why we don't do that :smiley:

I added it now though, it was the quotes that messed it up. I added this:

<?php echo do_shortcode("[sliderpro id=1]"); ?>

Doesn't look like it's looking how you intended though. May need to make that image bigger.

A bit of topic. but can you add HTML code there?

Yes you can add HTML inside php files but it must be outside the php tags.