On Panino theme the social share buttons are showing up all over the page.

On my website http://lifesbeatenpath.com social sharing buttons are showing up all over the page under all the text boxes as if they were posts. I had the same issue with another page running the Spirit theme with author boxes showing up all over. I couldn't get to the issue so I just disabled the author boxes. I've tried turning off all the social sharing on this site but they are still showing up. How do I fix this!!?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Billie,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've visited your site and can confirm that those social buttons are being spread all over the pages. As for the front page - I've disabled them for now by going to your main site's

"Dashboard -> Settings -> Share Buttons" page -> "Core" tab

and switching the "Homepage" toggle switch OFF. This disabled those buttons on front page.

I suppose though that you wouldn't want to disable them all over the site but just put them in some order :slight_smile: That said, please describe where would you like those social buttons to appear and I'll see what I can do about it.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Billie Hiser

Hi Adam!

Thank you! I would really like the social icons to show up after blog posts. If you're able to do this, I'd really like to know how.

On my other site, http://garylott.lifesbeatenpath.com the same thing happens with the author boxes I've tried using. I set them to show up only after blog posts and they end up showing up all over the page as if all the parts of the pages are posts.. if that makes sense to you! I had to disable all the author box plug in, and I tried several to make sure it wasn't the plug-in.

Thanks again!
    Billie

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Billie!

Thanks for this explanation. I've visited your site's dashboard once again and made some changes.

1. As for social sharing icons on lifesbeatenpath.com

On Dashboard -> Settings -> Share Buttons -> Core page I've disabled the "Home page" and "Pages" option so these icons would be displayed only on single posts. It seems though that the plugin is not able to properly pick up the post content with Upfront theme so I've also added some custom CSS rules to "Dashboard -> Settings -> Share Buttons -> Css [Additional] page":

.ssba {display:none;}
    .post_content .ssba {display:block;}

This seems to be working fine and now that "If you would be so kind to share" message + social icons are being shown only on posts, after content.

2. As for author boxes on garylott.lifesbeatenpath.com site.

The reason for the issue is pretty much the same here: plugin doesn't pick up properly theme's layout. However, pretty easy fix helped this time as well :slight_smile: That said, I've enabled automatic placement of author boxes on "Settings -> Simple Author Box" page and then added custom CSS rules to "Appearance -> Edit CSS" custom CSS box:

.saboxplugin-wrap {display:none!important;}
    .single-post .post_content .saboxplugin-wrap {display:block!important;}

This also seems to be working fine now.

Just a word of explanation regarding CSS that I've added: in both cases the first line is hiding all instances of plugin's output (social sharing icons for first side and author boxes for second) all around the side and the second line is showing them in strictly limited locations only.

Please check if it's all fine now and let me know if you need any further help with this!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Billie!

I'm glad I could help :slight_smile:

if I change the author box plug-in, will it change the CSS that you added?

You mean changing for example its look/design/content? Unless you change settings that I mentioned in my posts here, nothing wrong should happen :slight_smile:

In case you'd need some more assistance, just let me know please and I'll be glad to help!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Billie,

Actually we can't know that before you activate the plugin you want to use.
    Each plugin has it's own classes in HTML that we use in CSS to modify it looks (hide in this case).

For example, in your current plugin class used is .saboxplugin-wrap and this is specific to that plugin, so when you activate your other plugin we would need to inspect your site and see what class is being used in that plugin and adjust the code accordingly.

What you can try, if using Chrome browser, is right clicking on your social icons and click on Inspect Element, you will then see HTML structure and class being used.
    Now with your new plugin you can do the same thing and check what is the new class name and use that instead of .saboxplugin-wrap in Adam's code and that should do the trick.

I hope this makes sense and it's not too confusing, and if you are still having issues just let us know and we will help you out :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.