On Slide-In make single opting and not show again if they did.

Hey,

On Slide-In (the plugin), how can we make:

1. For mailchimp email signup, have in single optin to the list (not double).

2. And . . . If they put a email in one time, then have it not show for them anymore at all.

:slight_smile:

• Nithin

Hi Greg,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Could you please enable support access to your website, so that I could get a clear idea regarding this, and if possible provide a workaround. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could help get this resolved asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Greg

Nithin

FYI, I was on a mobile device when posting this one. It would not let me select the plugin or site. That is one reason I just posted it in the General category. You may want to have the dev folks look at that. It was on Android and not sure if other mobile devices have the same issue.

I shared wpmudev dashboard access just now.

Site is http://bit.ly/1VW0F3M

Also...

Where can we change the button name? See here http://screencast.com/t/ebfGcOSWKHZI Would like it to read:
    "Continue Viewing Now!" instead of subscribe (and we do not want to have to worry about changing this every time the Slide-In plugin is updated either . . . smile).

Thanks so much . . .

• Nithin

Hi Greg,

I was on a mobile device when posting this one. It would not let me select the plugin or site. That is one reason I just posted it in the General category. You may want to have the dev folks look at that. It was on Android and not sure if other mobile devices have the same issue.

Even I was a having difficulty in choosing the category, I'll inform this to the developer. Thank you for pointing that out.

For mailchimp email signup, have in single optin to the list (not double).

I'm afraid there isn't any out of the box settings for this, by default users can be added to one MailChimp list that you select under Slide In > Global Settings. I'll have to ping the developer, and check whether there is any workaround. Please do note that developer work round the clock with many critical issues, and hence have a slow response time. Either myself, or the developer will keep you updated.

And . . . If they put a email in one time, then have it not show for them anymore at all.

Under Slide In > Global Settings > Closing the Message, you can select what action to be performed when the visitor closes the slide in message. Check screenshot 1.

"Continue Viewing Now!" instead of subscribe (and we do not want to have to worry about changing this every time the Slide-In plugin is updated either . . . smile).

You could make use of Ultimate Branding plugin, in order to change the text sitewide, once you activate the plugin, under Branding menu, enable the Network Wide Text Change module. Once enabled, go to, Branding > Text Change and make the following changes as seen in the screenshot:
    Check Screenshot 2.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Greg

Nithin

I'm afraid there isn't any out of the box settings for this, by default users can be added to one MailChimp list that you select under Slide In > Global Settings. I'll have to ping the developer, and check whether there is any workaround. Please do note that developer work round the clock with many critical issues, and hence have a slow response time. Either myself, or the developer will keep you updated.

FYI, http://www.elegantthemes.com/plugins/bloom/ does this nicely as a example. In the settings of opt-in form there is a box that can be ticked to allow single optin. Check it out . . .

Under Slide In > Global Settings > Closing the Message, you can select what action to be performed when the visitor closes the slide in message. Check screenshot 1.

We are not looking for it to close just for a specific time only. We would like it to detect if they have filled out a email already and if so not keep showing it. If they have not, then keep showing it type of a thing?

You could make use of Ultimate Branding plugin, in order to change the text sitewide, once you activate the plugin, under Branding menu, enable the Network Wide Text Change module. Once enabled, go to, Branding > Text Change and make the following changes as seen in the screenshot:
    Check Screenshot 2.

We do not want to change this sitewide at all. Just on a per Slide-In specific basis. What css or other method can we use to do this?

:slight_smile:

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Greg,

We are not looking for it to close just for a specific time only. We would like it to detect if they have filled out a email already and if so not keep showing it. If they have not, then keep showing it type of a thing?

I'm afraid there isn't currently a way to hide the slide in for users already subscribed to your MailChimp list. This is very simple plugin.
    Instead you could try using our PopUp Pro plugin that will allow you to show popup only predefined amount of time https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/the-pop-over-plugin/

We do not want to change this sitewide at all. Just on a per Slide-In specific basis. What css or other method can we use to do this?

You can still use Ultimate branding but use wdsi for text domain, so it will only target slide in strings.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Greg

Hi Kaisa,

Instead you could try using our PopUp Pro plugin that will allow you to show popup only predefined amount of time https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/the-pop-over-plugin/

Will it also be able to not show based on if someone signs up or not (not only based on time frame). Cause, if they put in their email, we do not want them seeing it again really.

Let me know if it does and/or other solutions to accomplish that . . . smile.

Greg

• Nithin

Hi Greg,

Will it also be able to not show based on if someone signs up or not (not only based on time frame). Cause, if they put in their email, we do not want them seeing it again really.

Once you create a new popup, you can set the behavior of your form, to Always close after form submit, this will make sure the popup won't appear after the form is submitted. You can also add various condition for the popup to appear, under Display Conditions.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.