On store we have set up a Digital Download - We have

On store we have set up a Digital Download - We have selected "No" to personalization in "Store settings" - "Special Instructions Field" but even after refresh and cache clear we still get a Product Personalization field appearing with an Optional text box - how do we remove this field, we don't offer personalization! many thanks

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Samantha, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

First off, I noticed that you're not running the latest version of MarketPress, could you update that for me please?

Also, you had mentioned clearing the cache, are you referring to browser cache, or are you using a caching plugin on your site?

Could you enable Support Access to your site, so that I can have a closer look at things here? We've got a handy guide that'll show you how to do that, let me get the link for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please advise,
    Michael

• Ash

Hello @Samantha

I hope you are well today.

"Special Instructions Field" is some text that will be shown to the users when the user will checkout.

To hide the personalization use the following code:

add_action( 'admin_head', 'hide_personalization' );
    function hide_personalization() {
        ?>
        <style>
            .mp_custom_field_col{display: none;}
        </style>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        jQuery(function($){
            $('.mp_custom_field_col').remove();
        });
        </script>
        <?php
    }

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.