On the Appointments + once the user has completed

On the Appointments + once the user has completed the booking they click the button to confirm. After which the button for them to pay via PayPal appears. I it possible to have the 1st confirm button take the user directly to PayPay to make the payment - rather than having to confirm twice?

Thanks

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Digital

I hope you are having a great day!

The reason for that is the first button is used for both paid and non-paid booking requirements.

If the plugin is set up for non-paid appointments, then the confirmation button simply triggers the confirmation process.

However, if set up for paid bookings, then that button triggers the appearance of the payment button.

It would be possible, I guess, to recode the payment functions to use the same button. But I wouldn't know how to code that I'm afraid.

But, as this question has come up more than once in the last couple of days, I'm going to flag our 2nd-level wiz-kids on this to see if they can provide some insight.

• Dace
    • New Recruit

+1 to this
    Even if the paypal window comes up in a popup it'd be vastly preferable to how it is now - we've had clients thinking they booked an appointment after clicking the "Confirm booking" button and miss the subtle paypal button appearing.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Digital and @Dace

You can do so by editing /wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class_app_shortcodes.php line no 1955 from

$(".appointments-paypal").show();

to

$(".appointments-paypal .app_submit_btn").click();

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Digital
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Fantastic stuff! I can confirm this too has worked like a charm!

Until this is added as a feature will this code need to be replaced every time an update to the plugin is made?

Thanks again for this superb snippet!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.