On the classifieds page I want to show just the categories

Is there a way I am able to show the categories (Im my case states) and have people pick the state/city they want to view ads for?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello James,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

You can either use States as Categories so that it becomes the primary identifier of your Classifieds site. That ways one can click on the State name to view the listings in that state.

Furthermore you can use the subcategory feature where you can add the different subcategory of advertisements.

Alternatively you can also use CustomPress (Included) to add a custom field named as state on your classified listings and then you can use a plugin like http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-custom-fields-search/installation/ to let people search for any custom field name i.e. state in this case.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• James
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I did add states as categories, but I have now idea how to make it so just the list of categories (states - with cites as sub-categories) shows on the home main page my-site.com/classifieds

Also, is there a way to reset the database? I was messing around and would like to start from a fresh install to make sure any of my old messing around is not breaking anything.

Thank you

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.