On the products page I have 'related products' visible.

On the products page I have 'related products' visible. Turned on in the 'Store Settings'.
However I need to to show *global* related products using category. I only have two stores but both need to be shown in 'related products'.
If I need to create it in mp_product.php in my child theme please advise the php or shortcode to make current item and related items visible.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Mazza,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Currently MarketPress does not support Global related products however I have sent this to our SLS (Second Level Support) to see if that can be coded easily.

One of them should be around soon.

Cheers, PC

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Mazza,

I hope you are well today.

Unfortunately this is a extremely complex feature and is beyond the scope of custom coding that we could provide.

However this would make a nice addition to the plugin, I have added it as a feature request and we'll see if any other users would like this functionality.

If you need this feature now, you could try posting a job on our job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Some note for this feature.

The market press already have a global table _mp_products, the way to find relative product is by categories and tags.

And we have the tables _mp_terms and _mp_term_relationships to store the relationship.

So base on this information, you can override the function "mp_related_products" to make it display the products fit for your requirement.

Best Regards
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.