On this website, WPMU Dev is installed for 10 days.

On this website, WPMU Dev is installed for 10 days. I cannot make any changes. I have received this email :

Howdy XX
Welcome to the community !
You will need to turn off mod_security by adding this to your .htaccess file
https://gist.github.com/tech55541/54028dbdd956127e3c12

I did it but it still does not save the changes.
What to do. I need help before I lose patience with it

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Jean-Jacques,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Do you getting this issue on other Upfront themes also ? For example try spirit and let us know if that does the same thing. Please confirm because this will help us figure this out quickly.

Also, make sure you increase the values listed in this blog article.

You can see current settings and values in WPMU DEV -> Support -> System Info -> PHP.

Look forward towards your response Jean :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Sajid

• Jean-Jacques
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Nope.
    Have installed Spirit. updated Wordpress to 4.2. Updated Upfront Core and still does not work.
    I want to give you the admin user and pw on wordpress and ftp for you to fix that. I am in trial mode and losing interest and time.
    Where can I send you those details ? There is no risk with the site since I have nothing yet there so you are free to play with it. Upfront just needs to work...
    Thanks in advance.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jean-Jacques

You can send to us your credentials via our secure contact form:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nastia”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

We are waiting for your email!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jean-Jacques

I found that the issue is only with the home page, every other page is saving at it should be.

It seems the request that is saving the layout is exceeding the max post size limit set in php. If you could increase max post size limit that would resolve your issue. Edit the php.ono file and the following line:
    post_max_size = 64M

Or you can add the following to your .htaccess file:
    php_value post_max_size 64M

Some host providers don't allow increasing max post size limit, If these techniques will not work. In that case, you would have to contact your web hosting provider to increase the limit for you.

Also, you can delete some regions from the home page until you will be able to save the page.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.