Once a Event has been updated, it shows that it's running every day for that month! Only way I&

Hey everyone!

I need to update some events on a clients site, but whenever I do, all the times and dates go haywire, and the event shows that's it's running every day!
Only way I've found to sort is, is to delete the event and re-create it, which of course isn't very practical, as the events have multiple start and end dates and time.
Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Jack,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I am sure you have already, but did you check the recurring event button ?

Just to rephrase, when you edit an existing event, it converts into recurring event ?

Can you please let me know the WordPress version and the plugin version you are running ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hey PC, Long time no see :slight_smile: I'm finally back!

Yep, recurring events isn't set, just dates are added to the events.

Just to rephrase, when you edit an existing event, it converts into recurring event ?

Sort of, it shows every day for that month that the event is set for, if the event goes over into multiple months, it will show everyday for them months as-well.

I'm using Wordpress version 3.5.1
    and plugin version 1.4.4

I did notice that I thought was strange, the events are set as archived (the RSVP and payment features aren't used on this site, so never noticed it before). Could this be the reason?

I've attached a screen shot which might help :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Jack,

I tested this on my lab site but could not replicate it.

Can you please provide me a link to the issue and access to your site backend so that I can see the problem in action ?

Please use our contact form and mark the email to my attention with a link to this thread.

Cheers, PC

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hey PC

Sorry for the delay in my reply, I was checking with my client to see if it was allright that I sent details over, but unfortunately it isn't :slight_frown:
    Basically when you add a event,
    add more than 3 or 4 dates to the events,
    enter the time as 10am and 2pm for the end time.
    Publish it.
    Go back, edit it, add a new day, remove a old one and change a date and then you get the result of the screen shot I've attached.

Also that coupon isn't working, sent an email :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Jack,

unable to replicate it with the given scenario. Tried by adding 3-4 dates and 2 dates and as you suggested.

Screenshots attached.

Have you tested for a plugin conflict by disabling the other plugins and see if that sorts the issue out ?

Perhaps more screenshots or a screencast will help.

Cheers, PC

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hey PC (@Pranaya Chaudhary)

Sorry for the delay with my reply. I've figured it out! It's too do with the times, more specifically the time format, when adding a event I do the times such as 10.00am 2.00pm, when the event is added it changes these to the 24hr format, then when an event is updated, it doesn't catch the end time, unless they are re-done in the 12hr format.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hey there @Brian Purkiss

Still happens, but it's not a big deal for me personally, it's something to do with the times, AM, PM or if you try it in 24hrs. i.e, post an event, it will show fine if you use the start and end time as for example 2.00am 5.00pm, but then if you try and update it automatically goes to a 24hr format which is where everything goes wrong :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.