Once again I am hoping you guys have seen a plugin or combo

Once again I am hoping you guys have seen a plugin or combo of plugins to perform a certain function.

On my business directory I have managed to find a way to incorporate some industry specific abilities like real estate listings for agencies, automobile listings for car lots etc. Now I am trying to add the ability for restaurants to add their own menu to their listing.

I have found many restaurant menu plugins, some allow more than one menu but none that I can find allow more than just the site admin to create the menus. The only ones that I found which allow individual users to add menus require a multi site and that is just not practical at this point and certainly not to facilitate one feature that if coded properly will work on a single install.

The concept is very simple. Each listing has a management page. On this page is a tab where listing owners can use front end forms to add enhancements to their business listings, so far like I said before they can add properties or automobiles so far. It cant be that hard to put front end food menu submission in there as well.

Anyway if you know of a plugin that does allow this, or a way to let individual users use plugins without a multisite installation please add your thoughts or ideas.

Thanks a ton,
Phil May

• Michael Bissett

Hey @PhilMay, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

The concept is very simple. Each listing has a management page. On this page is a tab where listing owners can use front end forms to add enhancements to their business listings, so far like I said before they can add properties or automobiles so far. It cant be that hard to put front end food menu submission in there as well.

What are you using presently to provide your business directory? And what if you were to allow them to submit a PDF menu to their listing?

That'd be one way to handle this. :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

• PhilMay

currently I use Sabai Directory to facilitate the main directory listings.
    I am integrating BePro as well, which adds nice property and automobile listings. Although the two directories do not integrate into each other, I have managed to make them work side by side to accomplish this. I dont even need the menu aspect to integrate as long as it has a shortcode or similar output I can manually add to a listing.

The pdf idea is absolutely on the table if i can manually convert the pdf into a menu that is based on post types.

another thought, I know of a great menu plugin that displays unlimited menus with shortcodes, how possible would it be to allow a user to submit a pdf menu and I can just email them a shortcode that they can enter in a field to display it? The menu plugin I have in mind would assign an id to the menu and display with shortcode like this [displaymenu id="11"] (not a real example, just for proof of concept) .

• Ash

Hello @PhilMay

I hope you are well today.

another thought, I know of a great menu plugin that displays unlimited menus with shortcodes, how possible would it be to allow a user to submit a pdf menu and I can just email them a shortcode that they can enter in a field to display it? The menu plugin I have in mind would assign an id to the menu and display with shortcode like this [displaymenu id="11"] (not a real example, just for proof of concept) .

This is a pretty straight froward idea. If you like to use Gravity Form plugin, you can try this plugin to allow your users to upload file (pdf): https://wordpress.org/plugins/gravity-forms-advanced-file-uploader/

There are some more plugins if you want to take a look:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/food-and-drink-menu/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/locu-for-restaurant-menus-and-merchant-price-lists/

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.