One Click Registration from Marketplace

We are adding products to our website via the Marketplace plugin and added the feature (via the Marketplace plugin) for require an account in order to purchase a product. I am not sure if there is a problem with the marketplace plugin because it takes the user to a registration page that show the Facebook account details, vs the one click registration, that we have set up via the Ultimate Facebook plugin. Then when you click to register, it loops and refreshes the screen. It may be that we used an account that was already used. If that is the case, then should it not just login the user? Am I missing something in a setting or is the marketplace plugin not communicating nicely with Ultimate Facebook?

• Thomas Edgell
    • The Crimson Coder

I have deleted the user from the root domain of the multi-site and tried to go to the product link and click on the "Register Now To Checkout". It still does not do the one click registration that is set in the Ultimate Facebook plugin (which works fine on the website itself). Rather, it goes to the registration page, shows the details of the Facebook user and shows "To save you time, the registration form below has been pre-filled using your Facebook profile.". When the "Register" button is clicked, a dialog box pops up asking for approval and the then when you say "Continue" it loops back to the registration form. This is in Google Chrome and I have not checked in other browsers. I checked the users in WP and an account was not created.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Thomas Edgell,
    I'm sorry for the delay on this post, I just had a day off.

I logged in to your site today and the Ultimate Facebook plugin was not installed, so I was unable to test this.
    Have you disabled it? Do you still require assistance on this issue?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Thomas Edgell
    • The Crimson Coder

Ari, the plugins are installed and activated. My guess is, that you are looking at the root domain. The sub-domain in question is wun.leadwithanedge

This is a multi-site installation with Marketplace network activated and Ultimate Facebook activated on a site per site basis.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Thomas Edgell,

I'm terribly sorry for the delay on this one, please accept my apologies.
    I tested this with MarketPress + Ultimate Facebook and there seems to be no integration at the moment.
    registration is not playing well when a user hits the register button using marketpress.
    @PC also verified this by testing this on his own server.

I have notified Aaron, the developer of the MarketPress plugin on this one, as well as @Vladislav, the developer of Ultimate Facebbok.
    Hopefully their insights will help us resolve this one and figure out a way to integrate these 2.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Thomas Edgell
    • The Crimson Coder

Thank you Ari

I posted:

There is no reason that I can see as to why there can't be an option in the the marketplace settings to hand over registration to Ultimate Facebook and then a redirect back to the Marketplace. It is our responsibility to create Access levels within the Membership plugin that will allow access to the Marketplace.

Currently, the Registration page loops http://wun.leadwithanedge.com/register take a look for yourself at http://wun.leadwithanedge.com/wunstore/products/the-one-step-millionaire I have also given support access within the WPMU Dashboard.

The challenge is, that we are using http://mycred.me/ as a point system for activity within the community and the credits can be used for purchase within the Marketplace. Obviously, credits can be earned and/or tracked if an account has not been created. Therefore, I saw that the Marketplace had the option to require an account by registering for the website. Again taking them to the register page and that page shows the Facebook preloaded form and when your accept, it brings up a dialog box from Facebook to accept and then takes you back to the original register page. It does not create an account, no emails sent, etc.

This has been a request by many within the forum and the answer has always been that they have their own registration processes. I think it is time to take the WPMU product integration to the next level and make it so that your major products like Membership, Ultimate Facebook and Marketplace all work together in order to create the ultimate community environment.

in https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/allow-membership-marketplace-use-1-click-registration-from-ultimate-facebook?replies=3#post-592225

Hopefully this will be a priority...

• Aaron
    • CTO

Hey there, user registration on checkout will be part of the 3.0 release we are working on.

I'm not sure why it's a problem with facebook registration, MP just points to the default reg url, with filters intact. Of course there is no redirect back, either with stock WP or any other registration method.

• Thomas Edgell
    • The Crimson Coder

We have found through trying to register, with another plugin, that the default registration does not accept the "_" found in firstname_lastname. The one click registration does allow for this. so when you have one click registration selected using Ultimate Facebook you can register from the website just fine, but when you use Ultimate Facebook using the regular WP registration requiring or allowing Facebook, then it goes into a loop because Ultimate Facebook pulls in the firstname_lastname for the username. When we used the manual registration, the username had no "_", the email address and the password matched the Facebook account, then it created the account and populated the Buddypress just fine.

• Thomas Edgell
    • The Crimson Coder

Thank you all for jumping in on this. it has been a frustration for quite some time. I just decided to keep building and hoping that you would all find a solution. It would be a nice feature in marketpress to tick a box to use ultimate facebook and start integrating your amazing products.

My ultimate goal is to use use one click registration within ultimate facebook and have consistency throughout the website

I am always amazed at the quality of work you all produce, the support service you provide is the best I have seen and I wish that I would have found you much sooner. I will definitely be promoting your services within our community one the website is completed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.