One Custom Registration and Subscription Form

Hello,

I am working on creating a single subscription website and I thought the "Membership" plugin would be perfect but unfortunately it seems that I may be unable to do what I need.

Please could someone tell me if what I need is possible and maybe point me in the right direct, here is some info:

I need to create a single form that I can display on a custom page that combines the registration and subscription forms into one.

I would also like to add the ability for the user to either enter their details manually or register using Facebook. Additionally if the user registers using Facebook then they would either receive a fixed discount or extend their renewal period by one month (essentially getting a month for free by using Facebook).

I also need to pass a custom variable with the form so that if the registration and subscription complete successfully then the created users account is given a "user_meta" that contains that variable.

Is this at all possible? I would be willing to hire someone to help with this as it is kind of urgent.

Any advice/assistance that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Ben

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

I need to create a single form that I can display on a custom page that combines the registration and subscription forms into one.

Could you clarify on this please? Out of the box you can create a registration page, once the registration process is completed, it takes the customer to pick the subscription and checkout as it's all integrated, is that what you were after?

I would also like to add the ability for the user to either enter their details manually or register using Facebook. Additionally if the user registers using Facebook then they would either receive a fixed discount or extend their renewal period by one month (essentially getting a month for free by using Facebook).

Sure, you can use our Ultimate Facebook plugin to allow users to register with Facebook, though they would still need to checkout for a subscription package.

I also need to pass a custom variable with the form so that if the registration and subscription complete successfully then the created users account is given a "user_meta" that contains that variable.

What sort of user_meta are you looking at assigning here?

If you'd like someone to set all this up and custom code solutions, we do have a jobs board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Ben

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the fast reply.

Could you clarify on this please?

As we only have one susbscription plan I am wanting to have a single form that has all the information in one page. So it would have the users registration details (email address & desired password) and the subscription stuff.

The goal is to have a single subscription page where the user just fills in their information and then clicks the subscribe button to pay. Instead of having multiple small pages with separate information on.

I've attached an image that may help to clarify what I mean.

Sure, you can use our Ultimate Facebook plugin to allow users to register with Facebook, though they would still need to checkout for a subscription package.

Is it possible to have a sign in button on the form (similar to the attached image) and when they have successfully signed in have it hide the user info stuff on the form (email, desired password etc) so they then just see the subscription part of the form? Via jQuery/AJA if possible so the user never leaves the page.

What sort of user_meta are you looking at assigning here?

In the attached image it shows a map at the top of the form (we already have an interactive map created), when the user selects their state it will put the name of the state in a hidden input box (or anywhere we tell it to). Then when the subscription is success and the users account has been created it will add a user_meta to hold the state name.

If you'd like someone to set all this up and custom code solutions, we do have a jobs board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ :slight_smile:

Thank you for the link. I'm a developer but I have no real experience with the "Memberships" plugin and the client is in a rush... It sadly doesn't look like it is going to be a simple modification that I can figure out myself in a day or two.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Ben,

I hope you are well today and thanks for the additional information.

Sorry looks like a screenshot isn't attached?

I see entirely what you mean and while all this is possible, it certainly isn't a quick edit, even if you was the developer of membership plugin :slight_smile:

it'll need a lot of modification to get this done out of the box and we are currently looking for ideas of course for new versions and you have some great ideas, which I'll add as features requests.

But as it stands the whole registration process would basically need re-coding.

Sorry about that.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Ben

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the response.

I have been able to create 99% of what I need without modifying the plugin files by simply splitting the form into two parts (registration then payment) and using the built in filters but unfortunately I am stuck on one part.

The part I am having problems with is displaying the purchase buttons/fields.

I am using the filter "membership_subscription_form_payment_after_content" to display my custom payments form (basically a slightly modified "payment.form.php"), however I am unsure of how to handle the action
    "membership_purchase_button" from within the filter.

As far as I am aware filters have to "return" the output, but I am unsure of how to use the "membership_purchase_button" action in such a way that I can return it in the "$content" variable.

Any assistance with this would be very much appreciated!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.