One multi-site or many

General question. So have big plans to create a number of portal sites for a niche community. First is a directory site, using Geodirectory. Second is an LMS site like Udemy using LearnPress, where users can publish their own courses. Third is a Markeplace site like Etsy where members can have their own stores. Forth is a blog site like Edublogs where users can publish their own blogs. Ridiculously ambitious I know for someone with so little multi-site experience, but it will be a multi-year long term project and I'm willing to take on the learning curve. The question is whether it is better to do this all on one multi-site installation, or whether I should break be breaking it up into separate multi-site installations. I'm beginning to feel that I might be better off to break it into a number of multi-sites. Thing is that it is a pretty small niche community so I don't need to scale in the same degree as Etsy, Udemy Edublogs etc. Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Michael,

You will be able to handle this on one multisite - however if you have in mind that those "project" should work differently, have different looks on main site, have different payments plans in one project, it might be easier to have them separated. That really depends on how you want to manage them.
    If you want to have all this thing in "one bag" - then go with one installation - but if you think that those have to be very separate things - install more multisites.

Let me know if you have more questions

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.