One-off micropayment purchases of individual articles

Hi,

In my ideal world, I'd like to be able to combine an all-you-can-eat membership subscription with the ability to purchase individual articles. I was, for example, looking at Cleeng, which can use Paypal for Digital Goods. But I don't see how I could really easily integrate Cleeng with Membership. So I'm wondering if you can recommend something related to WPMU Dev that would play nice with Membership so that I get a single screen where people can (1) purchase the individual article or (2) purchase a subscription. If they are logged in, they just see the article. If they are not logged in, they get the option of (1) or (2) above. Any suggestions?

Cordially,
Justin Long

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Justin,

I'm not familiar with Cleeng, but the developer version of Gravity Forms includes a PayPal add-on that can be used for pay per post functionality.

There's currently no pay per post feature in Membership. It's been mentioned before but essentially Membership is meant for a member-based system whereas pay per post functionality tends to fall a bit outside of that.

Perhaps Gravity Forms would solve this for you though?

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi justindlong,

There's not a special integration between Gravity Forms and Membership, no. With a bit of custom coding though, it really doesn't seem that would be too difficult.

Membership provides a number of conditional functions that can help with this matter as follows:
    current_user_is_member()
    current_user_on_level($level_id)
    current_user_on_subscription($sub_id)

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.