One plugin to "rule them all" (options for signing up)

Ok guys, I have tried searching for this but can not fine what I am after.

SPECS:
I have a site with wpmu wordpress 3.2.1 and buddypress 1.5 and using rockettheme tachyon.

I wonder which plugins I could use for the follwing:
I have the pro sites plugin installed, and would like to integrate this into facebook plugin.
I would like the signup prosess to have options for what package would you like.

WHAT I WANT TODO:
1. I want 1 loginform on 1 site (how to implement this) (
2. I want to hide pages, menu items and buddypress for "guests" (not signed up)
3 I want people to sign up choosing from 4 levels:
3a. Bronze - Can see all menu items and can comment on posts, and join buddypress FREE
3b. Silver - As 3a + Can create buddypress groups
3c. Gold - As 3b + Get a blog with 100mb quoata
3d. Platinum - As 3c + Get marketpress and larger quatoa

THE FORM - can any plugin to the above as default (Is it possible to have a button with add in cart?)
- Which membership would you like (description of them)
- Would you like a blog
- How much space would you like
- Would you like a webshop?
- Choose a user name (can I force them to use real names using facebook signup?)
and so on.........

Can the signup form be added to a page using gravity forms or contact7 form using a shortcode?

FACEBOOK
Could the facebook plugin be used in conjuction with the signup?

MAINBLOG:
When a user signs up I would like them also to be a contributor, editor, or poster in the MAIN blog, is this automatically created OR do I have to add them each individually as users in the wp-admin?

• Philip John

Hiya!

1. I want 1 loginform on 1 site (how to implement this) (

There's only one signup form anyway :slight_smile: Or are you seeing otherwise?

2. I want to hide pages, menu items and buddypress for "guests" (not signed up)

Okay, you're gonna need Membership for that!

3 I want people to sign up choosing from 4 levels:
    3a. Bronze - Can see all menu items and can comment on posts, and join buddypress FREE
    3b. Silver - As 3a + Can create buddypress groups
    3c. Gold - As 3b + Get a blog with 100mb quoata
    3d. Platinum - As 3c + Get marketpress and larger quatoa

I think you're best off using Membership again here which can handle that no problem.

THE FORM - can any plugin to the above as default (Is it possible to have a button with add in cart?)

Not sure what you mean there, could you clarify please?

- Which membership would you like (description of them)

Sure, Membership does that anyway...

- How much space would you like
    - Would you like a webshop?

Your're gonna need to custom develop these additions I'm afraid.

- Would you like a blog
    - Choose a user name (can I force them to use real names using facebook signup?)
    and so on.........

This is standard on signup anyway although forcing real names is going to be tricky. I'm not aware of a plugin for that.

Can the signup form be added to a page using gravity forms or contact7 form using a shortcode?

Hmm not really, no - as the plugins (Pro Sites/Membership) need to influence the process, which they can't do with a form.

Could the facebook plugin be used in conjuction with the signup?

Not as yet, sorry!

When a user signs up I would like them also to be a contributor, editor, or poster in the MAIN blog, is this automatically created OR do I have to add them each individually as users in the wp-admin?

Easily done with: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpmu-default-user-role/

Cheers!
    Phil

• evenfell

Wow, thanks for a great answer I think that answered what I am wan todo. I will give it a try.
    I will have to read the instructions carefully. :wink:

If I want to take control over which plugins and themes are available to paid customers, such as Marketpress and their own domain only for gold members or above, do I need the pro sites plugin instead, do not need or in conjunction with memership?, or could membership do this alone?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.