one store or two?

Hi, I have to create a book store which will have different prices for books in India and outside India. I plan to use Marketpress. Can the pros here tell me what would be the right thing to do amongst these:

1. open two different stores, one with INR prices and another with USD prices and redirect customers to the right store using ip location.
2. Or can Marketpress be used to create one store which shows different prices depending upon the location of the customer?

• ThePath

Hi Hpathy,

No I dont think MP can do that.

You could use one instal of WP and use the multisite feature to add additional shops using a different currency etc.

Tell me are the books the same price but a different currency or are the different prices. Opencart has a currency switcher and you can even set a tax for different countries or different shipping charges per geo zone etc. MP isnt as advanced as that.

If the actual price differs per location then I would suggest two seperate stores, you dont want to annoy people from one country thats more expensive do ya! So seperate tld domains, maybe even diffeent operating names. Thats what Id do anyway.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Greetings Hpathy

Thank you for posting to the Community Board.

I agree with ThePath. MarketPress doesn't have the ability built-in to switch currencies, as you can only select one currency per store. For your requirements you might need a more advanced eCommerce option and OpenCart is quite good when it comes to that.

If you do want to go with MarketPress, then you would have to set up separate domains - Multisite - and set up different stores on each. That's the only way that you would be able to achieve that with MarketPress.

If you have further questions related to MarketPress or any of our other plugins, please don't hesitate to ask. Would gladly assist (as would the Community members :slight_smile: )

Have a good day!

Gina

• Hpathy

Thanks for your answers.
    We are already running multisite with subdomains.

There is going to be a difference in the price of the books too in the two stores, not just simple conversion. So I guess two stores with ip based redirection would be the solution.
    Will MP be fine for that?
    We do need wordpress integration as our portal is totally using wordpress multisite+buddypress and has about 6000 registered members.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Hpathy

I believe if you're already running on WordPress Multisite you could create different stores based on the IP address. You would have to do some custom coding work there, as MarketPress doesn't handle that type of function.

So you might have to create a landing page where people have to select their location and then based on their selection they are re-directed to the site that falls under their area.

I wish you all the best with setting this up. It seems that you've got a good foundation already for your site, so I hope MarketPress will add value to your site.

Have a good weekeend.

Gina

• aecnu

Greetings Hpathy,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.