One-time Coupon Code for Pay Per View

I am using Pay Per View to hide pre-recorded audio healing sessions. There are situations in which I might want to gift a session reply to someone. I would love some type of ability to use a coupon code or otherwise have the person somehow circumvent PayPal but still be required to follow the cookie ppv duration. Is this something that is currently possible and I'm just not seeing it?

Do you have a suggestion of how to achieve this? I realize I could build another page with my audio files not wrapped in the ppv short code, but then there is no cookie enforcement of how long and/or how many times the file is accessed by that person.

Thanks in advance.

• Nastia

Hello @Kristi

I'm afraid that this functionality is not available on the Pay Per View plugin.
    However, there is the "Authorized users see full content " setting in the plugin, so you could perhaps use this to offer your clients free views.
    Once the limited time of your offer has passed, you can simply set that back to no and they won't be able to access the content any more.

I am also moving this features and feedback forum to give it more exposure amongst other members of the community. More +1’s a feature request get more likely it would be considered for development.

For now this will require a custom coding. It’s doable, so if you are not comfortable with PHP then please feel free to post a new job in our Jobs & Pros section on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ so that a skilled developer can do that for you.

If there is anything else you need, please, let us know.

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello kristi, I hope you are doing well today!

Install User Role plugin, and create a specific role for Authorize users with the subscriber capabilities.

Once the option "Authorized users see full content" is set to Yes, you can select bellow the user level where authorization starts. Select the user role you have created.

After that, navigate from your dashboard to Users > All Users, locate the user you wish to authorize, click on Edit and change the user role to the one that you have authorized.

Please note, because this change must be done manually, you'll have to manually change it back. So I guess you'll have to inform the user about the time and date when he or she will have the access to a protected content.

Let us know if you require any further information!

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.