ONE TIME -PAY PER VIEW NOT WORKING WITH LOGGED IN MEMBER

I having a major problem with the pay per view plugin . There are customer post time which a logging in user or registered user can see when they login in. To see the actual detail of the post you pay a one time to view the post for example $2. The problem is the one time view only works if you set the cookie for a browser. If you them registered user goes to another computer or logins in from a different computer. They don't have access to the post which they rightfully paid money. The site is built for purposes of paying for the post that you need. So we don't want a paid membership - monthly pass or period to view all the custom post.
What I'm looking for is :
Have a registered user logged in to see the one time post they paid for from any computer once they login.

I'm sure there is an easy solution to this since I'm not the first to have this issue. Basically don't want our pay per view to be a monthly or recurring subscription pass, Registered user pay one tine for the post they need and should be able to login in anywhere and not worry about not getting access to the post they paid being attached to a cookie browser. We need help to fix this right away.

Thank you.

Sarkodear

• Anang

Hi @Sarkodear

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

I'm trying to find workaround about this issue, but it seems it need custom development, to achieve this feature. Currently pay per view is work only with cookies, and subscription/recurring is support for user account, since you don't want subscription/recurring then it must be a custom development.

If you decide to made change about this feature, you can read this post to help you to start creating Pay per View with User Account feature :
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/one-time-purchase-across-multiple-devices#post-698907

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Sarkodear

Hi Anang ,
    I went into in the ppw php took out the content protect then added this php
    <?php
    if ( function_exists( 'wpmudev_ppw_html' ) ) {
    $test = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_apartment_candidate', true );
    $test .= ' ' . get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_contact_information', true );
    $price = '0.01';
    $description = 'test';
    global $ppw;
    if ( !is_object( $ppw ) )
    return;
    $my_custom_field_ppv = $ppw->content( $test );

// Echo the content from our custom field after we pass it through PPV
    echo $my_custom_field_ppv;
    }
    ?>
    It pulls it up but not protected content, what can I do to fix this? How can this work? I think I'm missing something, any ideas as to how we can fix this and for my original issue?

• Anang

Hi @Sarkodear

I think you miss ppw function call, on your last line :
    echo $my_custom_field_ppv;
    change to
    echo wpmudev_ppw_html($my_custom_field_ppv,1,$description,$price);

If you use ppw more than one in single page, change the "1", in second parameter to something else, it's ID for differentiate ppw to be unique.

And for your original issue, you need to do some custom works to made it use user account instead cookies.

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.