Online Users Not Reflecting Who is Online

There were five of us in the chat room tonight. We were all chatting so I know we were all there, but the Who's Online only shows two.

Please see screenshot. My members were complaining that they want to know who's online before having to go into chat to find out.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Mary,

Hope you are doing good today and happy new year :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting support staff access. I can see you are using BuddyPress who is online widget.

I went ahead and installed BuddyPress on my own site - dragged the same widget with chat plugin enabled on my own test site. After loging in with couple of test users, I could see all of them in the chat widget.

Upon further investigating I found that its BuddyPress functionality that after 5 minutes of inactivity of users they will be determined as not online. Please read following core track issue reported on BuddyPress for more details about this issue.
    https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3590

That said, if a user is no longer active then they will be removed from who is online widget and determined as not online.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice 2016 :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.