Only have certain plugins on main blog

I guess this is more of a general wordpress question but I think it can fit in with Pro Sites as well.

Is it possible to only allow certain plugins to be used on my main blog as I do not want them viewable or usable on any of the sub domain blogs that will be created with multisite.

I guess I could set up a new level in Pro Sites and assign my main blog to that level but I do not want others to even see this level as a possibility.

What actions should I take to make this possible

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mynameiscody07,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Yes it is indeed Pro Sites plugin that provides the ability of which plugins are available or not.

However, the real beauty to Pro Sites plugin relative to your description of what you want to do is the fact the Super Admin can activate any plugin anywhere on any blog that they choose.

That will do the job for you and thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• mynameiscody07
    • Flash Drive

I don't think I worded my question well enough.

I want a certain plugin to only be activated on http://www.mysite.com I do not want anyone else to be able to use it at all. I don't even want it to be in the plugins page on any of my subdomains at all, as I don't want them to have access to it period.

But the subdomains will be using a pro level account as I am not allowing any sites that are not paid accounts.

How is it possible to allow a plugin to be activated on http://www.mysite.com but not even on the plugin page of site1.mysite.com

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mynameiscody07,

Thank you for the clarification which is certainly appreciated.

In this case which will be a bit tricky because it is a plugin and not a theme, you should create such a high level that nobody will join it and assign the plugin to that level.

That will do the job for sure.

There are also some plugin choices too like the User Role Editor plugin from what its description indicates.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.