Only importing first 25 comments

For some reason, Ultimate Facebook is only importing the first 25 comments for each post. I’ve tried increasing timeouts for curl and php both, to no effect.

I’m not getting any error messages anywhere.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings edihtors,

What do you have the Facebook Comments “Limit” set to? And the “Show this many Facebook Comments” set to?

Both setting are located by being logged into the site admin dashboard and going to Facebook –> Facebook Settings –> Facebook Comments

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• edihtors
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Limit => 10 (have tried a higher and lower number with no affect on how many are imported for each of those 10 posts)

Show this many Facebook Comments => 99

Seems to be something limiting it to 25 somewhere. Is it an issue with the api call?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings edihtors,

Great Question!

Seems to be something limiting it to 25 somewhere. Is it an issue with the api call?

I do not know, but lats find out. I will ask the lead developer of the Ultimate Facebook plugin to come in here and offer his invaluable advice/advise to the subject.

Though this make take longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello edihtors !

Greetings and thanks for being a part of the community !

I hope that the latest release of the plugin (Version 2.1) sorted the problem out for you !

If not, please do not hesitate to reopen this thread and post it here so that we can jump on it.

Cheers

PC

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings edihtors,

Thank you for your additional input, it is appreciated.

I will go ahead and let the lead developer know this issue persists and the worst part is that it is hard to figure out where the trouble is since Facebook has been totally messing up since March.

Facebook Connect

And this is the tip of the iceberg concerning evidence against Facebook and its total incompetence.

However, that is not for me to ponder and to do my duty and report this to the lead developer.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@edihtors Not sure if this is actually a problem with Ultimate Facebook or not. More than likely it’s yet another one of FaceBooks changes or breaks in their system. I was told by a reporter friend of mine about FaceBooks negative publicity and they claim that they have no problems to fix and therefore can’t get rid of the negative publicity.

This being said over the last couple of months several folks who had developed apps to use within FB actually quite working as well.

I’ve personally noticed over the last couple of weeks (some items even months) that on my personal page I’ll scroll down and after 20-30 posts it hangs up for a while then eventually catches up.

On my business page I didn’t receive my weekly activity report for over a month and now I’m getting them every couple of hours. Glad that only lasted for 2 days.

I’m going to flag @aecnu here as well as the developer @vladislav and see if there has been any headway on this.

With the staff as busy as they are and how quickly tickets get buried just with the sheer number of posts questions and requests. It doesn’t take long for things to get lost in the shuffle.

If you don’t hear anything in a reasonable amount of time just repost and tag some of the staff members to keep the ball rolling.

I’ll try to follow this as well.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @edihtors,

Apologies for the delay on this one. Our lead developer had been really busy with a plugin update.

I have sent him another note and a followup email so that we can get his valuable advise on this thread.

@dean Kaus : Thanks a lot for noticing and great response. Really appreciated.

Cheers

PC

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings edihtors,

Thank you for your feedback and in response to Yet another 2 weeks have passed. You guys use to be a lot better at banging out fixes to problems. reference:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/only-importing-first-25-comments#post-281551

This involves a third party that cannot get it coding XXXX together.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=Facebook+probems&oq=Facebook+probems

I think that one billion four hundred and twenty million hits is evidence/convincing enough – at least for me it is.

I can point to WPMU Dev plugins right now that have had issues addressed over night if anyone is interested in knowing what they are.

I can see that the lead developer has been flagged in here a couple of times already so I will refrain from further flags for now.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.