only network admin can see theme options

hey guys,

I know this isnt your problem but thought someone might know.

bought a theme for a client and all went well until he logged on and couldn't see the theme options for the theme!!!

seems only network admins can see not admins...

where is this located so I can change it in a theme normally?

I been going through the theme for ages and now the developers are doing a local build trying to find it

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

This indeed is a strange issue and can generally be caused if you have got some role editor plugin installed which is restricting the admin from accessing the options or the other reason is the theme compatibility with Multisite.

Perhaps the theme is not or never was compatible with Multisite.

You can send me a copy of the theme if you want me to test it on my lab site and I will happily do that for ya.

Cheers
    PC

• bonmaklad
    • The Crimson Coder

ok the theme author came back and said I need to change the roles and responsibilities.

I said what does that mean, the user is an admin. I can't make them super admin. Looking at wordpress roles and respon the standard things that a super admin has shouldn't hurt this client.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

ok the theme author came back and said I need to change the roles and responsibilities.

I said what does that mean, the user is an admin. I can't make them super admin. Looking at wordpress roles and respon the standard things that a super admin has shouldn't hurt this client.

I am sorry but I did not quite understand that. Can you please elaborated that ?
    Were you able to fix it after changing responsibilities or the better word to say is user rights ?

Please advise.

PS : I have removed the link from your last post so that the download is not available to others visiting the post.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @bonmaklad

I can understand your feelings here.

how the heck can you pay for a theme that requires the super admin to run it!!

A few themes are just not designed for multisite. So you should make sure that its multisite compatible before you buy the theme.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.