Only options showing are for widgets and menus

Where did the options go? First, the options were there when I first installed showcase. (By the way, where is the pdf instructions for set-up?) I then installed theme testdrive. Set-up holder to be default and showcase to be test drive. However, now I only have widgets and menus as options. How do I set this up without additional options? Next I deactivated test drive and deleted and re-installed showcase – however, I still do not have options. Please help.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya antKat,

I’ve used the theme testdrive plugin in the past and found it to be troublesome as well. I don’t think deleting or reinstalling the theme will be helpful in this case.

Do note that the Showcase theme options are all located in their own menu at the bottom of the left-hand admin menu. It’s showing for me correctly on my test site.

Let us know if you have further issue though.

Thanks!

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Hi MasonJames,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did find the options in the showcase menu on the left. I’m new to your themes and the others I’ve played with had the options up with the widgets and menus. Now that I’ve got the options . . . I can’t get the images to display. The images are in the showcase/images directory. I first put images 940 x 400 which was the default size for the slideshow. They did not load, so I assumed they may be too large, so I resized them to 700 x 300 and at an even lower resolution – still not loading up. I even tried linking the images like most of the image handling without any luck. Please advise what I may be doing wrong and what the optimal sizes would be for top efficiency with such a heavy header. Thanks.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya antKat,

Apologies as I overlooked this thread. Can you tell me if this is still a problem?

If so, can I get a link to the site? I’m happy to take a look and will keep a better eye out here to make sure you get this sorted.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya antKat,

As I haven’t heard anything back (realizing the original delay was our fault) I’m gonna mark this one as resolved. If you have need for further troubleshooting though – feel free to reopen so we can continue working with you on this one.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.