Only Super Admin sees the settings menu in Q&A plugin

When I enable this plugin on a site in a multisite network only the super admin can access the settings part of the admin menu. The site admin only sees the other Q&A admin options.

Additionally clicking the Answer and Add new answer button in the admin panel it produces a dead page with:
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

This happens on any theme I have tried. eg Almost Spring, Edublog etc.

I have only just joined on 12 months and found fairly long existing bugs and/or problems with Newsletter plugin not allowing SSL smtp/pop logins and now this Q&A one too. I need to feel things are more loved here, am I wrong?

• Kimberly

donty,

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev forums

We're very glad that you've decided to join us and am very excited to see that you are incredibly good at keeping us on our toes with plugin troubleshooting

We do love our plugins here, it's just with so many outside factors anything can happen, regardless of how much we plan.

When we test theme issues we usually suggest you go to a default twenty theme from WP. That will usually eliminate your theme as the issue if you can get it to work there.

As for your issue, it sounds like maybe a conflict. Can you try turning off all plugins except Q&A to see if you still receive the page error? If you do not then it is likely a conflict somewhere. Turn them on one by one to see if you can replicate the issue.

When I enable this plugin on a site in a multisite network only the super admin can access the settings part of the admin menu. The site admin only sees the other Q&A admin options.

There will be options in the Super Admin menu that won't be available on a blog by blog basis, this is because some options are set specifically at the Admin level to allow for better security.

Please let me know if any of the above is helpful.

Best,

Kimberly

• donty

Hi Kimberly

Thanks for replying promptly, glad the plugins are loved, I have been around OSS long enough to see great software and the rip offs - pleased this is the former

I switched off the plugins and switched to 2010 v1.3 - same thing happened. The only plugins on are your support one and WP domain mapping which are network wide.

Same page result of empty content: Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

So doesn't seem to be that!

Could you tell me what the reasoning is for the settings being on the super admin only as these config options relate to the email content and permissions on the admin of the plugin on the site. I can see why it may be desireable to be able to restrict the Admin on a specific site but for that admin to then not be able to alter the email content or change subordinate permissions seems a bit odd?

• Kimberly

I'm going to Flag the developer on this one as the error has not gone.

And I am mistaken about this:

There will be options in the Super Admin menu that won't be available on a blog by blog basis, this is because some options are set specifically at the Admin level to allow for better security.

It doesn't apply to Q&A. I've not installed it before on a Multisite, just did and saw there are no options on Super Admin for the plugin. Sorry!

I can see all the options in my subdomain under Dashboard>Questions>Settings and I also see an option to add capabilities to the Admin. Have you set these?