Open a second website using my wordpress

Hi there,
I have already open a multisite platform on my wordpress for a specifique market.
I would like now to open a second website wich would be an other plateform, but treating with tottaly different market.
Can i use the same wordpress source?
Thanks
Jacquesc75

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Are you asking if you can have a multisite network that contains other multisites? If so, you can technically, but I'd recommend starting your other multisite network on a separate installation, especially if it's in a different market as you mentioned. This will give you more flexibility, i.e. what if the parent multisite network dies and the child network flourishes? Hope this helps.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @jacquesc75 thanks for posting on the forums and @Gabe for pitching in on this one.

You can certainly run multiple WP Blogs from a single hosting but you must actually install each separately (that is, as a separate WordPress installation).

Guide here :slight_smile:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_Multiple_Blogs

Even if you are using a shared hosting platform, you can add a new domain on which you want to run WP and create a new WordPress installation on that as it would be treated as a new website :slight_smile:

Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.