Open Graph and Smart Crawl

Team WPMU,

Regarding Open Graph tags for SmartCrawl, can there be an option for it to just accept what's in Excerpt and Featured Image? Most other OpenGraph plugins work that way and it makes everything easier and more streamlined.

Also, what is the intention of having multiple images work with Open Graph? Will it load a carousel of images into the Facebook feed?

Thanks,
Rob

• Nithin

Hi jetmac,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Regarding Open Graph tags for SmartCrawl, can there be an option for it to just accept what's in Excerpt and Featured Image? Most other OpenGraph plugins work that way and it makes everything easier and more streamlined.

I'm not sure whether I get you, each post has Open Graph settings that if configured will override the settings made under SmartCrawl > Title & Meta. So, if you configure Open Graph Description, and OpenGraph Images for each post, wouldn't that work for you?

If the OpenGraph settings isn't configured, the default excerpt, and featured image will be automatically take when you share the post in social media websites.

Also, what is the intention of having multiple images work with Open Graph? Will it load a carousel of images into the Facebook feed?

If I'm not mistaken, adding multiple images will only give option to select more than one images while you share the post via Facebook etc

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• jetmac

Nithin ,

It does work for me - but it doesn't work great for me, and even less so for my users, know what I mean? It should tie in to featured image and excerpt, or at least have an option to do so. Why enter the same thing twice?

Will Excerpt and Featured Image default in Open Graph settings? Where does it say that? Is that new? It wasn't in the changelog. I wish WP was configured to automatically have certain meta-elements automatically link to Open Graph (and other social network metadata), but it doesn't that I've seen. If SmartCrawl now does this, you should say so. I'll happily delete the plugins I use to currently accomplish this.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.