Opt out via privacy setting?

Please explain what privacy setting allows for members to opt out of the directory?

I read the following thread from a year ago and was wondering if the check box has been worked in yet?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/members-directory-opt-out-1

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Mason, Please clarify your response in that I basically asked two separate questions related to the same issue.

1. My first question dealt with the Installation and Use instructions that say:

To use:

It should auto create a page called “members” on your main blog where anyone can search through all your users (except for those that opted out using your Privacy options).

In that question, I was asking what the setting needed to be that technically had them opted out.

2. The 2nd question was regarding the thread from a year ago regarding a check box on the profile page.

Does your response reflect both questions or just the question regarding the check box?. ( I’ll have to stop asking multiple questions and take them one by one.) Does any of the privacy options keep the members off the directory?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Sorry, missed the first question.

If they set you set a blog to ‘private’ or ‘mature’ it will not be displayed in the directory listing, and no, there’s no checkbox in the plugin to exclude blogs – just use the privacy settings.

Thanks!

• antKat
    • HummingBird

None of the privacy settings exclude someone from the Members Directory. I have the extended privacy plugin and I’ve tried all and no matter what, the user is included in the directory. Please help, I believe the member directory will be a very important social component of our multisite network, but I believe some of our site owners/members will not want to be listed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.