Optimized images, but bad Hummingbird score for images

Hi! I used WP Smush to optimize all the images on the above mentioned website. Unfortunately Hummingbird is still giving a bad score and advises to further optimize the images. I cleared the cache, re-ran test, but no change. Do you have an idea how I can fix this problem?

• Dimitris

Hey there icseven,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I just scanned your website with our WP Checkup page https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-checkup/
    and I noticed that there are images of your homepage with a "Compressing and resizing" note. Click on "How to Fix" and we get that:

If any images in the list above recommend “Compressing and resizing”, that means their dimensions are scaled down in your content compared to the actual file dimensions. You can crop or scale those images using the WordPress image editor to match the embedded size in your content.

For example, there's an image getting loaded in 450x450px and it's being scaled down to approximately 211x211px.

In order to surpass this, you should either edit your images and scale them down to the appropriate dimensions, or alter the appropriate template files of your theme so it can load image thumbnails of the same dimensions as the container where they are getting displayed.

Hope that was some help, let me know if further assistance is required here.
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.