Optimized images with Pro but reports still say to optimize

I've optimized all of my images with WP Smush Pro and enabled super smush and optimizing original images. When I run a page speed report through Google or Hummingbird, it still tells me I need to optimize images. Re-checking images with Smush shows there are 0 to optimize. What am I missing?

• Rupok

Hi Colleen,

Can you please copy and paste the errors Hummingbird shows regarding your image optimization? I believe, they are showing under "Compressing and Resizing" section. Now we should also focus on the "resizing" part. Sometimes, your images are compressed but larger image then the element frame are served. And that time, Hummingbird or Google PageSpeed Tool also show this error. Let me explain.

For example, in your homepage, you have a image slider. That slider element dimension is 1200px X 800px. But images used for that slider are of 3000px X 2000px in resolution and they are already compressed. So your 1200px X 800px frame is showing 3000px X 2000px compressed images. This is not optimum. Hummingbird will show you suggestion for those images under "Compressing and Resizing" section because you can resize those images to 1200px X 800px to show in your slider area. When you resize those images, image size will go further down. And then your images will be actually optimized.

So can you please check those images which Hummingbird is giving warning for and scale them down to the size of the frame where they are being shown? You can scale your images from your "Dashboard > Media" section. Select an image and click "Edit Image" button. From there, you can scale your images.

Or you can create custom image size for those images to be shown on smaller frames and then use that custom image size for those frames. To know how you can create a custom image size, you can check this tutorial: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-additional-image-sizes-in-wordpress/

I believe, this will fix your issue.

Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.