Optimizing Post Indexer db Tables

First, it is my understanding that the Post Indexer plugin created the wp_site_posts and wp_site_comments tables in our database. Correct?

Second, for the record, we are still running Post Indexer v. 2.1 on our live site, since I have not yet resolved an issue on our dev site after upgrading that plugin there.

Finally, I have been doing quite a bit of housecleaning in our database lately, to trim the fat. These two tables, however, are 36+ and 38+ MB respectively!

Is there any way at all to reduce the size of these two tables and optimize them? Or is this just a fact of life by running a large network.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @jcnjr

I hope you are well today.

First, it is my understanding that the Post Indexer plugin created the wp_site_posts and wp_site_comments tables in our database. Correct?

That would indeed these are created on installation of the plugin :slight_smile:

Second, for the record, we are still running Post Indexer v. 2.1 on our live site, since I have not yet resolved an issue on our dev site after upgrading that plugin there.

Sorry to hear your having a problem with the upgraded version, do you have a open support request about this?

Is there any way at all to reduce the size of these two tables and optimize them? Or is this just a fact of life by running a large network.

I'm afraid there's not really a way to optimize the tables, Your correct on thinking it's just a fact of running a large network, come large database tables :slight_smile: Sorry I can't be of any more help on that, but I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done :slight_frown:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• jcnjr

Thanks for the feedback jack, that's what I suspected.

problem with the upgraded version, do you have a open support request

Yes: recent-posts-breaking-page-layout

Still not sure if that is related to the Recent Posts or Post Indexer upgrade, but we can't risk replicating the issue on our live site by upgrading either, considering a theme overhaul may be in the works as soon as we find a suitable responsive theme.

I've marked this as resolved, but am curious: does the Post Indexer update use these tables? I thought I read in another topic that it creates a new wp_network_ table...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.