Option for 30 minute appointment slots with 30 minute breaks between

I wanted to provide appointment slots for 30 minute sessions, with 30 minute breaks in between. From what I can see, that is not an option, although it is in some free appointment services (e.g. timetrade), so I'm wondering if I am missing something in the settings.

• Hakan

Hi,

If you need 30 minutes breaks after each service, actually that service requires 30+30=60 minutes. Why don't you set service duration as 60 minutes?

It is possible to set 60 minutes lasting services when your time base is 30 minutes. It means, your clients can choose with 30 minutes intervals, but each appointment will occupy 2 slots.

If you wish, you can add these codes to functions.php of your current theme to correct the display of duration of the service on the front end (otherwise service duration will be shown as 60 minutes):

function modify_duration_text( $text, $duration ) {
    return '30 minutes';
    }
    add_filter('app_confirmation_lasts', 'modify_duration_text', 10, 2);

BTW, timetrade is not a free service if you are having more than 5 appointments per month. A+ offers unlimited appointments, unlimited services, unlimited service providers, unlimited web sites.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Zyniker

This could be accomplished with dummy providers, but that wouldn't scale very well (i.e., you wouldn't want to use dummy providers for this sort of setup with any more than a handful or actual providers).

I don't believe the current version of the plugin supports this sort of thing as a regular option (i.e., there's no checkbox or other spot in the configuration for the plugin to enable this).

• des_walsh

Thanks Hakan

Your point about timetrade is well taken, but the functionality is there, even in the free option.

I'm thinking a lot of coaches provide 30 minute complimentary consultations, so I think there could be interest if that functionality were built into future versions. As it is, I'll make do I guess, but I would not be able to recommend it to coaching colleagues in good faith, especially the ones who would be bamboozled by the thought of having to modify a php file. :slight_smile:

Des

• Hakan

Hi Des,

I appreciate your feedback.

We don't claim that it will certainly fit to 100% of the cases out of the box.

The power of A+ comes from its being a WordPress plugin and thus easily customized codes and features: it is always possible to adapt it to special conditions, or integrate it with 3rd part plugins.

You cannot ask special requests from such server side applications like timetrade, but this is always possible for A+. Our codes are open, compatible to WordPress coding and we offer more that 120+ hooks for further customizations.

Take care,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.