Option to hide Jetpack menu in dashboard for Non-Admins

It would be great to have another checkbox in Custom Admin Bar Settings of Branding to hide the Jetpack menu in WP Dashboard for Non-Admins (if it's installed).

• Gabe

Hey Hans. As you mentioned, Ultimate Branding only supports the ability to hide a few menu options (i.e. Permalinks and some Admin Bar menus), let alone custom plugin menus like JetPack. I concur with your suggestion and made a previous feature request here that would include this occurrence.

If Ultimate Branding had the ability to hide all menus and submenus, even those created by other plugins (like Adminimize does), we'd have a total branding/customization solution. I think we have a good chance of getting it developed because they need is there, we just need to focus our efforts on one thread (consolidating) rather than multiple threads here and there on smaller elements of the same issue. Maybe the staff can help?

In the meantime, the Adminimize plugin may fit your needs. If you don't want to install a full plugin, you could just drop a few lines into a custom functions file targeting the JetPack menu hook and adding a conditional statement like:

(if (!current_user_can('update_core')) {})

This would hide the menu from non superadmins. I haven't dug into the JetPack code, but since it's created by Automattic, it'll likely resemble the WordPress core menus in terms of finding the right hook. I know plugins like Akismet (another Automattic plugin) do, which make it easier to work with.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.