Optional paypal payment

Is there a way to make payments via paypal an option - i.e. when booking, my client can select "pay now with paypal" or "pay at appointment"?

Thanks for your help!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @npriest

Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately no. In the current iteration of the plugin, only one option can be enabled: payment or no payment.

You can however set it so that a deposit only is required when making an appointment. Then the balance can be paid when the user shows up for their appointment.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Sorry but I need to understand why something like that is required.

If I were a client I would always choose pay at appointment. Why should I want to pay in advance unless I were forced to do so?

Payment required setting is for protecting website owner to prevent non-real clients blocking his schedule.

Can you please explain me why would you want to add a setting like that and leave the payment/no-payment option to the client?

• npriest
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

It wouldn't be required, just more convenient (moving towards accepting as many forms of payment as possible) for my clientele.

I'm running a small massage therapy private practice and there isn't much risk of non-real clients spamming my calendar. Many of my clients work in the entertainment industry and are already accustomed to purchasing tickets online for events and shows. So having the option to pay online gives them the opportunity to book and purchase all at the same time (and have a receipt automatically emailed to them). Then they can just show up, receive a massage and leave - streamlined experience.

Currently, if they'd like to be billed via Paypay, they just mention in the notes section while booking and I can email a bill via Paypal. I'm guessing that should work fine, it's just a few more steps than necessary. Thanks!

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

I am not sure if it deserves the effort to set it up in this case, but if you are certainly required to do so, you can use MarketPress integration. MP allows "manual payments". So if client wants to pay through Paypal he chooses it. Otherwise he chooses manual payment and pays at the shop.

Another, simple alternative, is adding a PayPal button on the appointment page and setting "payment required" as No. Now client can pay with the button in advance, or not.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.