Optional plugin for membership pro

I was just beginning to use membership pro for monetizing my content and I was recently updated by your mail that you will no longer be supporting this plugin.. In that case do you have another product that allows me to only allow registered users view content and I would like to have the option to allow these registered users to pay for this privelege.. Please do advise a plugin that would suit my requirement..

• Juan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Alim Bolar,

thanks for getting in touch with us.

To clarify, we are still going to provide support for those plugins, what we are not going to do is to provide regular updates like we used to do previously.

An alternative plugin that you should consider to replace Membership Pro is S2Member, this plugin meets the requirements you have listed.

Please do let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Juan

• Juan
      • Flash Drive

Hi Greg,

thanks for your reply.

No, when we recommend plugins we do it based on which plugins can provide the same functionality, migrate the settings from one plugin to another is not going to be easy, Membership 2 Pro and S2Member provide almost the functionality, but based on page structure, settings, options, and database tables those are completely different.

There are options in 1 plugin that are not available in the other, in this case, if you wish to migrate your settings from one plugin to another you will need to do it manually.

Thanks,
      Juan

• Alim Bolar
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Juan

thanks for the update.. I am glad to know that you would still be providing support for membership pro.. I was a bit worried

Anyways i have a favour to ask from you.. you guys are very straightforward and honest.. and I really appreciate that.. it was one of your support guys that accepted and suggested that defender pro may be good but wordfence was the better option.. and he was probably right..

In your experience, would you say the same about S2Member as compared to Membership Pro 2? Please do advise if making the switch from membership pro to s2member is a wiser thing or not..

Have a nice day..:slight_smile:..

• Juan
      • Flash Drive

Hi Alim Bolar,

In your experience, would you say the same about S2Member as compared to Membership Pro 2? Please do advise if making the switch from membership pro to s2member is a wiser thing or not..

I have had the chance to set up memberships on both plugins, I can say S2Member is more robust but is also more complicated, it took me a bit to understand how the plugin works and to get the membership working, it has a lot of options, however with Membership Pro 2, the setup is easier and it has more integrations with payment gateways.

S2Member has some advanced features that Membership Pro 2 doesn't have, all comes down to your audience, if you are looking to build a huge audience I would suggest you S2Member, if you want to have a small membership website I would suggest you Membership Pro 2.

Thanks,
      Juan

• Alim Bolar

Hi Juan

Thanks for the clear explanation.. really appreciate it..:slight_smile:..

I would like to use your experience to explore one particular option..

I have been in touch with your colleague Adam for these issues with Membership Pro 2.. here is the link to my issue..

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/show-excerpts-in-archive-but-protect-the-individual-posts?replies=6#post-1399265

You will notice that for something as simple as wanting to have my Multiple Posts Page View visible to all users but the Single Post View visible only to the paid/registered member I had to add in codes and do everything not using the settings of the Plugin..
    Would you know if this issue would be resolved or at least easier to implement in S2Member?

Second point is about the payment gateway... would you know if S2Member accepts Wepay Payment Gateway? This would make my decision a whole lot simpler..

• Juan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Alim Bolar,

thanks for your reply.

You will notice that for something as simple as wanting to have my Multiple Posts Page View visible to all users but the Single Post View visible only to the paid/registered member I had to add in codes and do everything not using the settings of the Plugin...
    Would you know if this issue would be resolved or at least easier to implement in S2Member?

I am not aware if there is a feature in S2Member that will allow this functionality without custom coding as I never had the need to implement it before, in this case, is better if you get in touch with their support directly to see if is available.

Second point is about the payment gateway... would you know if S2Member accepts Wepay Payment Gateway?

In this page, I can see only 4 payment gateways supported, which are:

PayPal Website Payments Standard w/Buttons [s2Member Framework] [s2Member Pro]
    PayPal Website Payments Pro w/Pro-Forms [s2Member Pro]
    Stripe + Bitcoin w/Pro-Forms [s2Member Pro]
    Authorize.net w/Pro-Forms [s2Member Pro]
    ClickBank w/Buttons [s2Member Pro]

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Juan

• Alim Bolar

Thanks for the update Juan.. really appreciate it..:slight_smile:..

I think I will stick to Membership Pro for the time being.. will explore the other one S2Member when I feel Membership Pro is not enough.. but for now I think it's more than enough for my current requirements.

Have a nice day..:slight_smile:..

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.