Optional usage per blog

Hi,

I'm using this plugin for a long time and I haven't problem, but this plugin must be network wide enabled for working well.

Scenario: If users don't want to use and see this plugin, what can we do? I can't find an answer.

So this plugin should be optional per blog and continue to support network wide tracking.

I guess this is a logical trouble :slight_smile:

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mustafa,

Thank you for the feedback and input, it is greatly appreciated.

This is kind of a tricky one, network activated but not network activated features?

At least from the end users perspective.

I am thinking this could possibly be dealt with modifying the specific sites database entries so it does not show, but I am probably safe to assume that you would prefer a site owner to perhaps be able to turn it off in their control panel?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Mustafa
    • Syntax Hero

This is kind of a tricky one, network activated but not network activated features?

Yes, I want to track all network, and usage for per site (optional)

I am thinking this could possibly be dealt with modifying the specific sites database entries so it does not show, but I am probably safe to assume that you would prefer a site owner to perhaps be able to turn it off in their control panel?

Think for hundreds sites, it's not easy.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mustafa,

Think for hundreds sites, it's not easy.

Almost anything worth doing is not easy :slight_smile: though I certainly agree with you that hundreds of sites would be quite the task and something I would not personally look forward to doing.

However, the challenge here in my opinion is enabling the end user to turn it off.

I will go ahead and move this to feature requests and let the lead developer know of the request.

It would also be in your interest to make a feature request here:
    http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ubernaut,

That is absolutely correct regarding use voice. At this time this ticket was over 6 months old which is a long time on the internet ... lol

It no longer exists.

However, this is indeed in the feature requests section and I can clearly see that the lead developer has been notified of the request. But as you can clearly see this request does not seem to be all that important to other members since you two are the only ones whom have commented about it.

I have no say ion what is developed, but just pointing out that not many have participated in this request and that is one of the criteria the developer team uses to determine which requests are developed.

Thank you for your input though and for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• ubernaut
    • Flash Drive

well the problem i have is that the plugin doesn't have the features of our existing GA plugin so i actually need to install both our i will be losing a bunch of functionality either that or present a sort of clunky UX for any users who i want to grant the more advanced plugin (because both plugins setting are right next to each other and if they actually enter the numbers in both plugins they will get double counting).

frankly i think the best thing i could do is just use the multisite aspect of this plugin and just use the other to provide the end user GA access. if anyone could tell me how to achieve that or any other way of what i'm trying to do here i'll gladly hand over some my stash of points.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ubernaut,

Thank you for your input which is certainly telling and appreciated.

Why not just have it used in a site by site activation basis? Will this not work for your client base or am I perhaps missing something regarding what seems to be a cure.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ubernaut,

Thank you for the clarification and understood to include appreciated.

I was just proposing a possible solution of course but I see that you want your cake and to eat it too using an additional plugin which is clearly not the intended use of our plugin.

However, with that said I have indeed flagged the lead developer in here for his input since in any event this is not a current feature/option of the plugin that I am aware of and second I am not in authority to make the change.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

If you leave the Site Tracking Code on the sub site empty, then tracking for that GA account is disabled.

But if you mean to completely exclude the sub site tracking from Network Admin account, that is not supported by Multisite Analytics. This is the main reason of this plugin: to capture traffic of all sub sites.

Anyway it is possible to deactivate the plugin (or any plugin) for specific sub site(s) using Pro Sites:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

Cheers,
    Hakan

• ubernaut
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the responses! i tried using the pro sites plugin but maybe i'm missing something. What i'm trying to do is the first thing not the second the only function i need is the network wide tracking the individual sub sites i want to block access to the settings. Problem is the plugin needs to be network activated and so it doesn't show up in the premium plugins list so there no way to restrict access.

• ubernaut
    • Flash Drive

hey thanks for the link i think it won't really work unless i make the changes on each site but at least it's an option i think what i'm going to end having to do is just activate the advanced GA plugin only on our own site. seems like there should be an option in the plugin though wether the sub sites can activate or not. thanks again happy boxing day!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ben,

Thank you for your additional input and I agree that there should be an option in the plugin though wether the sub sites can activate or not and as you may ant to note below I have indeed added this as a feature request.

Have a GREAT upcoming New Year holiday!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.