Options for Displaying Slide In

Hi,

I have a multi author blog. I want there to be a Pop Up from Pop Up Pro that appears when the user comes from an external link to that page. For internal links, I want to use a Slide In so that the user only gets 1 Pop Up per visit. I don't want the user to get a Slide In and Pop Up on that first page. Is there any way to configure this with Slide In?

I don't see it in the settings anywhere as there aren't as many options as with Pop Up Pro, but was wondering if there is a way to hack this.

Thanks,
Jesse

PS for features, it would be nice to have additional options for placement, ie in the bottom right corner. It was also be nice to have the same control options as with Pop Up Pro. It almost seems like it would make sense to integrate the two, by just adding options to Pop Up Pro to make the box behave like a Slide In... just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Jesse!

I don't think we can do exactly what you want here without some custom work. If I'm understanding you correctly, you want a slide in on the front page, but you want it to check and see if a Pop Up is also being shown on that page, and not fire if the answer to that is yes. It could be done with some custom code to add conditions for the Slide In to appear.

It is pretty limited, Slide In was designed a simple, lightweight tool for user who don't want to use PopUps, or don't need all the extra functions of a Pop Up.

You can control the enter/exit animations in PopUp, there's one that is similar to Slide In's behavior. You can also control the positioning, either within the settings or by adding an additional CSS class to the PopUp, and using CSS styling to position it.

Thanks for your feedback here!

I can add a feature request for Slide In to have an option to show or not show depending on if a conditional pop up has already appeared, but I'm not sure it's a feature a lot of our members would use. We tend to focus new features on things that a lot of members have requested, or would benefit a larger number of members.

Hope you're looking forward to a great weekend!

• Ash

Hello @Jesse

I hope you are well today.

Please try the following code:

add_action( 'wp_head', 'hide_slide_in' );
    function hide_slide_in() {
    	if (!preg_match('/yoursite.com/', $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'])) {
    		?>
    		<style>
    		#wdsi-slide_in{display: none !important; visibility: hidden !important}
    		</style>
    		<?php
    	}
    }

DO NOT forget to change yoursite.com with actual site url.

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hey @Monis

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thanks
      Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.