Options Questions

I'm having trouble with a few things, using this theme.

-I uploaded header image, but it won't show.

-Where can I find or set, the sizes of the layout? I can't see where they're listed.

Thanks,
Tom

• PC

Hello Tom,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

-I uploaded header image, but it won't show.

Can you please update the theme to the latest version and let me know if you still see the same issues ?

Where can I find or set, the sizes of the layout? I can't see where they're listed.

Can you please elaborate a bit more on this part ? I assume that it can be done via css or you can use a child theme but more information will certainly help me route you in the right direction

Cheers, PC

• Tom98248

I updated the Triden theme. Still can't get header to work. I uploaded 982x150 image for header. It shows in media library.

Tried to change header with uploading it, and by selecting from media library.

With the Triden theme I can find some of the customization options, but I can not find where to set the layout size? Nor can I find how much space is already set.

Homepage, has 2 top columns, but what size are they? How big of a video, or banner, or ??? will fit in each column? Are they the same sizes? Is it variable? What is the total with of the page?

In the bottom, there are 3 columns. Same questions as above???

How do I change them if I wanted to?

Child theme. Where do I get a child theme for Triden?

Thanks,
    Tom

• PC

Hey Tom

That is a lot of questions woah lol

Lemme answer them one by one.

I updated the Triden theme. Still can't get header to work. I uploaded 982x150 image for header. It shows in media library.

Tried to change header with uploading it, and by selecting from media library.

You just need to upload it , copy the URL from media library and then paste it under Custom Image header settings in Theme options. Screenshot 1-21-2013 6-42-50 PM

With the Triden theme I can find some of the customization options, but I can not find where to set the layout size? Nor can I find how much space is already set.

You can use something like Firebug from Firefox, right click on the element whose dimensions you want to check and inspect element.

Then you can change the dimensions using CSS with ease. That ways, you will not have to edit the theme core files.

Child theme. Where do I get a child theme for Triden?

Child themes are created. Guide here : http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Plugin here : http://www.ostraining.com/blog/wordpress/ne-click-child-theme/

Homepage, has 2 top columns, but what size are they? How big of a video, or banner, or ??? will fit in each column? Are they the same sizes? Is it variable? What is the total with of the page?

In the bottom, there are 3 columns. Same questions as above???

Same way as I explained above, use child themes and edit the core CSS or just use CSS with the parent theme.

You can also use a plugin like http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/my-custom-css/ for adding custom css.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions

Cheers
    PC