Order Completion Error

We’re getting an error message even though the order seems to be going through (confirmed via Paypal that the payments have been processed on these test sales) though I’m not receiving an order confirmation email nor does it redirect to an order completion page as it should.

We’ve disabled ALL plugins other than Marketpress and it still occurs so that should rule out any conflicts with 3rd party plugins, correct? Additionally, the items remain in the shopping cart after the error message is rec’d & the store doesn’t show a sale.

Please advise at your earliest convenience, we’;d really like to get these issues resolved ASAP since we’ve been setback over a month already with numerous issues and have a launch date of 11/29…

• Luís
    • Support

Hi John ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

If I understood well, you are able to access to the Paypal page, to make the payment? I tried to this on your website but received an error:

10002 - Security error - Security header is not valid

This can be related to wrong API credentials, can you please double check it? Can you try remove too the Header image?

Also, can I test your website using my Paypal sandbox account?

Cheers, Luís

• John
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes, Luis, we get directed to Paypal and then sent back to the order page to finish submitting once payment is approved. Once we click submit, we receive the error message posted above but Paypal is DEFINITELY processing this (don’t believe it would have to do with Paypal or credentials since it completes on their end, seems the issue is on this end).

And yes, please test ASAP so we can figure out what’s going on with this! See the attached screenshot from the website owners account for Paypal showing payments processed, and I’ve checked my account for the test transactions and they’ve been processed there as well. Also, header image has been removed. Thanks…

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello John

The issue seems with your paypal. I have tested with my sandbox account and it worked fine for me. You can find the order here: http://frommyxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/mnmsboutique/wp-admin/post.php?post=1073&action=edit

Would you please double check your paypal information in Network Dashboard > Settings > Store Settings?

Also, please make sure you are not using sandbox credentials in live paypal more in MP.

Let us know how it goes.

Have a good day!

Cheers

Ash

• John

Hey Ash, saw the transaction/order that you completed without getting the error message we were, so I’ll check further into the Paypal items you mentioned (just thought it was odd that all the actual charges went through if there was an issue on their end). Again, thanks so much for all your help on these issues, this ticket will be closed once we’re able to get things straightened out on our end (want to leave it open in case we have any other questions on this)… :slight_smile:

• John

URGENT: verified we're using live credentials but nevertheless updated Paypal API's on their site, and added them to the network Store settings.

Also disabled the IPN setting according to another support thread where it stated it's automatic.

Then we updated the return URL (it was still set for WooCommerce, thought that was the issues) to: http://www.fromxxxxxxxxxxxyours.com/checkout/confirmation (per this support thread: http://yoursite.com/store/shopping-cart/confirmation/)

Now we're getting this message in the screenshot. Any ideas?

• Luís
    • Support

Hi John ,

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I checked your website and using the same settings, I was able to replicate the issue, so, I’ve confirmed this bug and flagged the developer so they can get it fixed up asap.

Also, I pinged the developer in order to check if this a complex bug or if we can provide an hotfix to overcome this.

I will update this topic once I got a reply.

Cheers, Luís

• John

Thanks, Luis. Can you please provide me an update at your earliest convenience as I’m bearing the brunt of my cousins frustration, and she’s extremely unhappy at this point.

I do have one question: I’m having trouble understanding how it’s possible that this plugin, with 161,583 downloads & being active for so many years, had has a bug like this go undetected up until this point?

• John

Seriously guys, this is bullshit! I’ve been a bit frustrated with the continuing issues since switching from WooCommerce but have been pretty patient with this “complex” issue for a plugin, and no updates in 9 days or a reply to my inquiry 3 days ago.

It’s unacceptable that a plugin with 160k+ downloads and one that has been around for several years (apparently without this problem ever being detected) has this many issues, and your communication on yet ANOTHER delay is absolutely terrible! :frowning2:

• John

Error when trying to activate the “hotfix”, referring to the previous plugin that was installed but deactivated

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare mp_plugin_activate() (previously declared in /home/johnnyd65/webapps/fmctysite/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php:987) in /home/johnnyd65/webapps/fmctysite/wp-content/plugins/incsub-marketpress-fe23574d57cb/marketpress.php on line 995

• John

And when the other plugin is completely removed, this is the error message that we receive:

Warning: require_once(/home/johnnyd65/webapps/fmctysite/wp-content/plugins/incsub-marketpress-fe23574d57cb/includes/admin/dash-notice/wpmudev-dash-notification.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/johnnyd65/webapps/fmctysite/wp-content/plugins/incsub-marketpress-fe23574d57cb/includes/admin/class-mp-admin.php on line 169

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/johnnyd65/webapps/fmctysite/wp-content/plugins/incsub-marketpress-fe23574d57cb/includes/admin/dash-notice/wpmudev-dash-notification.php’ (include_path=’.:disappointed:usr/local/share/pear70′:wink: in /home/johnnyd65/webapps/fmctysite/wp-content/plugins/incsub-marketpress-fe23574d57cb/includes/admin/class-mp-admin.php on line 169

• John

Shortcodes are again working as we’ve installed the previous version of Marketpress, but the aforementioned issues for the “hot fix” still exist – will this be a month long monologue as before, or can we expect a WORKING update to the Marketpress plugin anytime soon that will address the issues that were reported back in November?

Just stating the obvious here – it’s can be increasingly difficult to continue having faith that WPMUDEV is actively supporting their own “built from the ground up” Marketplace plugin when customers are seeing developers making WooCommerce compatibility with Upfront a priority, having been completed before Marketpress compatibility and known issues/bugs are fixed?!?

• Luís
    • Support

Hi John ,

Firstly, sorry for the lack of instructions to apply the hotfix shared by Jude. The intention was to replace the existing files of MarketPress and not install it again as a new plugin.

1) Have you made a backup before try the hotfix? If yes, can you restore it to start this procedure again?

2) If not, you should access to your website via FTP and then, change the name of this new plugin installed, from “incsub-marketpress-fe23574d57cb” to “marketpress”.

2.1) Go to your network admin panel and check if the plugin is “network activate”. If not, please activate it.

2.2) Please, download the .zip file attached and then unzip it;

2.3) It contains 3 files, that we need to replace using FTP access:

– class-mp-order.php

This file should be uploaded to “wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common”;

– class-mp-public.php

This file should be uploaded to “wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/public”;

– paypal-express.php

This file should be uploaded to “wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/payment-gateways”;

After this procedure, can you please test your global store in order to check if the issue was solved.

Before shared this “fixes” with you, I tested this on my install and they solved the issue. However, as Jude mentioned, they are in the stringent QA process and were not liberated yet, because they were not tested intensively yet.

If you are still having issues or have doubts/difficulties in this procedure, can you please send us the FTP details of your website so we can apply the fixes for you? If yes, please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: “Attn: Luis Lopes”

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– Login url

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/information

Cheers, Luís

• John

Well, let’s just say that I’m not shocked that it’s still not working even after following the post above – also tried completely removing the Marketpress plugin, reinstalled, updated, and the added the hotfix files and NOW we’re getting the attached error message on redirect from Paypal to the website. It’s just one thing after another and seems every fix causes more issues and other things to not work as they should… :persevere:

• John

Well, appears that this is now all a moot point as my cousin is so thoroughly disgusted and not interested in dealing with additional setbacks using Marketpress, she’s decided to go another route and have someone else complete this site for her.

I’m also not very pleased with the constant issues and would like to be put in contact with James Farmer, please provide me, through email, a way to contact him DIRECT as I’d like to express my disappointment with him, no one else. Thank you…

• Luís
    • Support

Hi John ,

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

I would like to apologize and I understand your frustation with all the issues you had with MarketPress. As I mentioned above, before I shared the hotfix with you, I tested it on my install and it the solved the issue. However, it stays in the stringent QA process and were not liberated, because they were not tested intensively yet.

I would like to apologize too if I made any mistake during the tests, or if I missed something, I was not able to replicate the issue you mentioned.

I am sad your cousin have given up from MarketPress, again, I understood the frustations, however, if you can reconsider, we are open to investigate further the issue you are having with the hotfix and try solve it.

As you can understand, I can’t give a direct email from our CEO, James Farmer, however, you can use our contact form and select “I have a different question”:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.