Order Confirmation message not what I want

The "Order Confirmation" message shows my desired modifications on the settings page but what actually shows up when a customer places an order is the standard message.
This message does say "no html allowed", but it does not indicate that the words should not be changed.
Is there a way to get this to show the text that I want or am I stuck with the standard message.

Here is what I am trying to say:
=======
"Thank you for your order CUSTOMERNAME!

Hardcopy books are generally shipped on the following day.

Digital books can be downloaded from either of two places: 1) Click on the "Order Status" link at the end of this message, or 2) a link for the download is provided in an email that has just been sent to you.

If you need to contact me regarding this order, please refer to your Order ID (ORDERID) in your message."
========
Anybody able to help with this?

30 minutes later ....

Just discovered that the text entered into the Settings/messages/Order confirmation and settings/messages/order shipped shows up in the emails sent to the customer, not on the web page called "Order confirmation".

I was trying to put a modified message on the web page. I suspect this would involve editing the plug-in???? And I am certainly not comfortable messing around with the code for MarketPress. Am I correct in thinking that what I wanted to do would involve editing the plug-in code?