Order information in MarketPress eCommerce is blank

I thought we had it solved in this thread
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/order-admin-detail-page-is-blank
but today we received an order on one of our sites - Grounds2Give and there is no information in the order admin screen. I was able to find the product purchased info in the XML - thank goodness. It is embarrassing enough that the customer gets a jacked up email with a list of every type of coffee we offer much less that we would need to ask them what they ordered from us!
This was supposed to only be for the orders that were place before the update but I can see that I am not the only one with issues still going on.
Please help. I have several sites set up with Marketpress but if I can't get this issues resolved I will be forced to move onto WooCommerce.

• duffy_betterton
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Nastia
    I new piece of information. I put an order in through Dance Dress Consignment. The order info is in the admin screen but the email coming through still shows all the products in the store and not just the products bought. I thought maybe the shortcode in the email confirmation was incorrect but I can't find any other shortcode to replace what is there - ORDERINFOSKU. Also, the invoice and packing slip are blank.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello there @duffy_betterton!

Have you checked for a conflict with a plugins? I visited the product page, to test this issue and there was JS errors in the developer console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
    Error in response to storage.get: TypeError: src.getAttribute is not a function extensions::uncaught_exception_handler:8

I enabled the WP debugging and based on this error:
    [02-Mar-2016 16:49:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function et_pb_is_pagebuilder_used() in wp-content/plugins/divi-builder/divi-builder.php on line 69

this looks like a conflict with a plugin.

Would you please disable the Divi Builder plugin ant test again.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• duffy_betterton

Nastia
    The Divi builder plugin is not active on the Dance Dress Consignment website. It is active on the Grounds 2 Give website. If I deactivate this plugin G2G will look horrible - like a bunch of code. I just added this plugin 2 weeks ago so I don't think that is the real problem as i had these problems before i added that plugin. I will check with the plugin creators and see if there is a fix for the error. but i think we have to keep looking for the problem with the cart system

• Panos
    • SLS

Hello duffy_betterton,
    Thank you re-granting support access!

I do confirm that the billing info column is missing from order #5871cba1084d in the Dance Dress Consignment subsite. Unfortunately I can't replicate this issue in my installation to find out what is causing this issue.

I would recommend to try checking if it is a plugin conflict by deactivating your plugins one by one and each time check if the situations changes. If you see that nothing changes please post back so I can flag this to the Developer.

Thanks,
    Panos

• duffy_betterton

Are you suggesting that i disable each plugin one by one and test an order all the way through the process each time? And should this be done on everyone of my websites in the multisite install? I do know that this problem occurred after the update marketpress 3. Is no one else having this problem?

• Panos
    • SLS

Hey duffy_betterton,

I have an other suggestion. Since I can't replicate this issue in my installations, perhaps you could allow me to create a testing subsite in your installation and try to replicate this issue there, by enabling and disabling plugins.

If you agree with this please let me know.

Thanks!
    Panos

• duffy_betterton

Panos
    I am just seeing this idea and it is not a bad idea except that most of the plugins have to be global enabled/disabled so i don't see how it will help to set up a test site. If you disable each plugin to run the test it will affect different sites based on the plugin.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hello duffy_betterton ,

Sorry, it didn't cross my mind that you might have network active plugins :slight_smile: So this plan is no good. Since we can't replicate this issue we need to find some way to discover what is behind this, from your installation without affecting your site.

Could you make some more tests and have a look at your error log and perhaps share it with us?

You can enable error debugging and printing the errors reported in a log file, instead of showing them on your sit,e by adding the following in your wp-config.php file:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Make sure you add this sniped above the line that says:
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

After adding it, do your test purchases and check each order. When you notice the issue check the log file located at "/wp-content/debug.log". If it shows some errors please share it with us by hidding/masking any sensitive information, like your url etc.

Something else we can try is check this in a similar staging/testing site on your server. I know it sounds like allot of work on your side, but a staging site is generally considered good practise and would help allot in this case. Plus you get to check any updates (core, themes or plugins) on your staging site first before you go on your live one.

You can use our Snapshot plugin to take a backup of the plugin files in your current site and import them in your staging site. If your host allows it you can create your staging site in a subfolder in your current domain. You can name your subfolder "staging" or "testing" and then give us login and ftp access in order to have a closer look over this.

Looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards,
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.