Help with Dashboard widget ordering

Hi,

To know which order to place the dashboard widgets, how do we know what is what? With your Dashboard feeds plugin, i have no idea what it's name/reference is. Also with your Ultimate branding plugin, many dashboard widgets have been disabled.

What widgets does the dashboard_primary / dashboard_plugins / dashboard_secondary contain?

I'm struggling to understand how to control the widgets.

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Piers,

To know which order to place the dashboard widgets, how do we know what is what? With your Dashboard feeds plugin, i have no idea what it's name/reference is.

There has to be ID of widget checked and then used in configuration - it can be done with use of the web developer tools in browser

https://developer.chrome.com/devtools

Dashboard feed ID will be something like that wpmudev_dashboard_item_df-1

What widgets does the dashboard_primary / dashboard_plugins / dashboard_secondary contain?

dashboard_primary is WordPress news is, however id don't see any widgets that have the dashboard_plugins and dashboard_secondary IDs. But looking at this codex page https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/wp_dashboard_setup those could be widgets that are no longer used (plugin was created in 2009).

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Piers
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Kasia,

Thank you! i did look at chrome debugger for the ID, but i was trying to compare them to similar names that WP used and was not convinced I understood it correctly.

It would be pretty amazing if a future new release of the plugin allowed WYSIWYG drag n drop for positioning.

Thanks
    Piers

• Piers
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

That's great thanks Ash! (hopefully). How long do you wait to see what other members think?

Keeping optimistic, only been a member a few days and for a few plugins now, WPMUDEV peeps have marked some of my suggestions as feature requests. Let's see what happens :wink:

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Piers, hope you had a wonderful day.

If a request get many votes within a very short time, that definitely gets priority to our developers. Actually there is no time limit. I hope many other users will like your requests soon and our developers will work on it because more people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Piers, hope you had a wonderful day.

I'm afraid, there is no dedicated way but you can count the number of replies containing "+1" or comments saying they also need this. If the number is high within a short period of time, bingo!

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.