Other kind of backup error appears

Managed Backups are not working, they end in an error: Other kind of backup error

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mikhail,

I'm sorry that our plugin is not working correctly on your site.

I did some tests, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to perform a correct backup (you will see that there is one on the list of the managed backups, but it was interrupted in the middle).

I will escalate this to our Second Line Support developers and they will be checking this further and they will let you know about the solution to this issue.

I would like to mention also that I found those two lines in your wp-config.php at the bottom:

add_filter( 'auto_update_plugin', '__return_true' );
    add_filter( 'auto_update_theme', '__return_true' );

they should not be there, they need to be placed in functions.php or mu-plugin https://codex.wordpress.org/Configuring_Automatic_Background_Updates

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Mikhail ,

Has your server been acting normal in general? I can't seem to open neither the website nor the FTP you've provided us at the moment. At some point it came up but your wp-admin seemed to be quite slow in general, and usually resulting in 405 or 502 errors and then dropped off again.

These generally mean that the server couldn't communicate with the 'front end' facing applications pretty well ( in this case WordPress for example ) so false responses were sent.

Could you please contact your hosting company and explain these errors and that the server seems unstable just in case there's a server side issue that needs to be resolved first?

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hey Mikhail !

I've set up your Snapshot and took 2 successful managed backups. Since your server/site seems still a bit slow though I'd suggest that when you setup your scheduled backups to be on an hour that you think the server is somewhat free of resources ( like night time usually ).

Tell me if you need further help with anything !

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.