Other kind of backup error while creating a managed backup

Managed Backup getting stuck at 50% and this error is displayed "Other kind of backup error"

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Frank,

I have tried applying a couple of more tweaks to Snapshot backup process in order to try running different included backup modules, tweaking the file process, and excluding some folders that included other WP installations and some backups, in order to reduce the server load but it kept showing 504 server error.

This means that the server is running out of resources needed for the backup to continue and you should ask your hosting provider to check their server logs, see which server limits are being hit during the process and ask them if they can increase those further for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Frank Lindner
    • Flash Drive

I have had a few discussions with Crazy Domains. They have managed to achieve a backup (as displayed in dashboard); however, I have not been able to replicate that.
    In my last chat with them I said I couldn't backup but got 504 error; they come back with a snapshot showing successful backup and asked me to try again and use 'traceroute' on my IPv4. I did that but got a 504 and no report on traceroute.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Frank,

It's possible that they have performed a backup during a time where the server load is low so there were enough resources for Snapshot to use.
    You can ask them at what time they have tested this and then set up a scheduled backup to run at that same time, or find another low-load time for your site and try using that as backup time.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.