Our developer is facing a problem while setting up chat

Our developer is facing a problem while setting up chat plug in. We have placed them for test in following links.
http://club4causes.com/chat-test-page/
http://compare.club4causes.com/sample-page/

Chat window is visible to superadmin only not to the normal user please suggest us why it is not working for normal user. We are developing our website using buddypress and wordpress.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Sheldon,

Under Chat settings, you'll find an "authentication" tab for each different chat method. You may need to adjust these settings to get the chat box to appear. It could also be related to any settings you've overridden in the shortcode.

If you still can't get it to show after changing the authentication settings. Would you mind posting a screenshot for me of the settings you're using for that particular page? Maybe I could spot the issue and give an idea of what would work better

Best regards

• Sheldon
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

This is not the actual sidebar page. I have already sent you three screenshots, one for front-end also. Chat widget is added to main site sidebar and also configured for same, for that I have sent you images.

Please open this site club4causes.com and after login, you can go to profile page where chat widget is implemented. But there has issues with it.

Regards,

• Sheldon
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

Actually it doesn't make any sense as I have sent you print screen image for users profile page, so only logged-in user can chat each other not public users.

Also I logged-in as super admin, and i am not able to see the chat box at all.

Please check attached image, and let me know, why chat box is not showing..also let me know, where I will have to make necessary changes.

Regards,
    Jaspal

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Sheldon,

Actually it doesn't make any sense as I have sent you print screen image for users profile page, so only logged-in user can chat each other not public users.

Ok. Was not sure on which users you were attempting to allow/hide.

Also I logged-in as super admin, and i am not able to see the chat box at all.

Can't reproduce this on any of my own Multisite development system. Superadmin always has full access to the chats just like admin.

Please check attached image, and let me know, why chat box is not showing..also let me know, where I will have to make necessary changes.

Well you keep responding asking us to check the images provided. We obviously have checked the image and do not see anything wrong. I have tested again this morning on a fresh WP 3.6 Multisite running the default theme. With your exact chat widget settings the chat works as designed.

Without more information or access to the site to view this first hand I'm not really sure what to suggest. Try switching to the default theme.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Sheldon,

We don't remove any support threads from our database. However, I've just marked this one internal. This means it will not be publically accessible in anyway. Only our staff can see this, and yourself while logged into the account you posted from.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.