Our second theme has just landed... Introducing 'Scribe'

You've already met Upfront and seen the awesome Spirit theme, but if you haven't yet, you should go check that out right now!

Here's the next installment in our theme series for you, Scribe.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/scribe/

Go play, enjoy, and remember to report any bugs you discover and the features you'd like. New tickets for bugs please, just click here to open one.

Have fun!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Debi,

Hope you're doing well today! Upfront is designed to work with all plugins, including Jigoshop :slight_smile: and when I say Upfront, I'm referring to all the current and future child themes too. Have you checked out Fixer yet? We just released it a couple days ago. A lot more themes on the way too!

Keep in mind, we're still in beta phase right now so there may be some conflicts and if so just let us know and we'll add it to our list.

I also want to mention that we have an upcoming major release to MarketPress that's going to be awesome! It will include a lot of features that our members have been asking for - and of course, it will work flawlessly with all Upfront themes! Keep an eye out for that :slight_smile:

Hope this helps Debi! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• ProVenture Media
    • New Recruit

A question about the theme.
    Upfront is the parent theme and Scribe is the child. When WPMU updates the theme, will ONLY the Upfront be updated and NOT the scribe since it is a child theme? It defeats the purpose of having a child that cannot be overwritten if it was.
    or...
    Should I make a copy of Scribe and use that for my sites? A child of a Child?
    What would you recommend?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey ProVenture, welcome to the WPMU DEV Community :slight_smile:

Both Upfront and Scribe will receive updates; however, the platform is designed so file modifications shouldn't be needed. All the changes you make through the Upfront editor will be saved to the database and will be update safe.

If for some reason you do want to make changes to the actual files, then you could re-name the theme so you don't get update prompts for the child. It will be your own child theme. You will still be able to update Upfront safely, the core framework.

We're also planning on releasing an Upfront child theme builder too, so you can create your own child themes for Upfront :slight_smile:

Should I make a copy of Scribe and use that for my sites? A child of a Child?
    What would you recommend?

So, to answer this - you shouldn't need to make file modifications - and if you really want too then you can re-name the child theme to maintain it as your own modified child theme.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.