Our site

Our site Sweetwaternow.com is acting strangely. It keeps asking the backend users to log back in after almost every action. I cannot seem to make any progress. I've tried disabling plugins creating a new .htaccess and reinstalled the login.php.

I suspect it may have something to do with a plugin we use called project forcefield. It just redirects the default login to avoid brute force attacks.

So to review, if I say start a new post. It will go to the new post screen however after almost any action it asks to log back in. The issue is impacting all of our users on multiple devices and browsers.

This is my first time using this service I am not sure how to send you the login etc.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Carlo,

I hope you're well today and welcome to the community!

Can confirm if that happens with any browser or just some specific (like. e.g. only Safari on Mac or just Firefox on Windows etc...)?

Have you also tried to update your sites Secret Keys/Salts? This may help here and to do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open this page:
    https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/

2. You'll be given eight lines of code starting with "define" string so copy them all exactly as they are on the page

3. Edit the "wp-config.php" file of your site and find the same lines there; they'll be starting with the same string, only the value (that "hashed long set of characters") will be different

4. Replace those eight existing lines in the wp-config.php file with the ones copied from the page

Once you save the file, please clear your browser cache and check your site again. That update will automatically logout all users but hopefully it will also "invalidate" all the previous cookies for all the users in their browsers - forcing them to login again but also forcing WordPress to ignore any possible cookie coming from any old plugin that could interfere here.

Give it a try please and let me know if that helped. In case further investigation/assistance was needed, I'll provide you with a secure way to send me full access credentials so I could take a closer look.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.