Coursepress shortcodes and link do not work

Hello,
I have installed Coursepress and most seems to work fine. However, two issues.
1. When I am in a course overview with the date, coursestructure, etc there's a button to enroll for the course. This button brings me to the good URL but the page is empty
2. I want to add a page with instructors and used the shortcode [course_instructors]. The page is empty alltough I have one instructor assigned to 4 courses.

I have granted you access through the WPMU dev panel.
Thanks for your support.
-Jos

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Jos!

I've taken a look around and tested a few things, here's what I did:
    1. I created a new Teacher Test Page to test the instructor shortcode.
    2. I added Zelf-Studie as an instructor to your LinkedIN class, since you were the only instructor I saw.
    3. The shortcode isn't working, although it is in the source code of the page, it's just not displaying.

Can you try switching temporarily to a default WordPress theme and see if that allows you to see the instructor page? I'm not seeing any errors in the console, so I'm not sure what's up here.

If that doesn't work, try disabling any caching or security plugins you have active to see if they might be interfering here.

I think the enroll button issue is okay now, I was able to enroll, see the congratulations pop up, and then continue learning. Let me know if that's not what you're seeing.

Thanks for your question!

• Jos
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Michelle,
    I followed the steps you suggested. I have disabled all plugins except Coursepress, I reloaded your test page, no result. I switched to the WordPress 2015 theme, all plugins still disabled, no result.

I still have the same problem with enrollment. Please go to TRAININGEN in the main menu, go to the bottom and select the WordPress course. Next page, right top corner there's more 'Meer Informatie' with a link below. This brings you to the course overview. Then click the button in the middle of the page to enroll. I get an empty page.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jos,

did you change something on the site? In the dashboard under instructors I don't see any instructors, however at a course I do see an instructor.

This would be a bug we've run into, we've already got a fix in place, pending release in the next update. :slight_smile:

In regards to the rest of what's going on here (that being the blank Instructor page that my colleague Michelle created, as well as your blank course pages), it looks like we're going to need a deeper look at things here. Could you please send in the following via our contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jos, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

After a good deal of digging into this (had a issue with the hosting for a while, which caused me to not be able to view the pages on your site while logged in), it seems like at least on the course page side of things, the reason why you're not seeing anything there is because... apparently, in CoursePress's mind, there aren't any units to display for a course. :disappointed:

When I tried using the archive-unit.php template from the CoursePress theme inside of your theme, I got a notice that there were no units available.

I'd say that we'll want to have a closer look at your site's database here, I'm sending an email requesting the details for your cPanel, if you could reply to that email providing those, I'd be glad to have a further look at this for you. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jos,

I don't understand. In /admin.php?page=courses there are 4 courses with content?

Yes, inside of that admin page, there's 4 courses listed with content. For some reason though, it doesn't seem to be recognized on the front end of the site.

I've tried my best to look into this here, but it looks like something that we'll need to have our second level support staff look into, I've called them in for you. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Jos,

I hope you are well today.

I've created an archive-unit.php template for your theme, now the units should display :slight_smile:. When you update the theme, the file will be deleted, please copy the attachment to your theme folder, and it will work again.

2. I want to add a page with instructors and used the shortcode [course_instructors]. The page is empty alltough I have one instructor assigned to 4 courses.

When you using this shortcode, please include the course_id parameter, example [course_instructors style="list" course_id="15598"], you can see the result here
    http://zelf-studie.nl/teacher-test-page/
    If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jos,

With that shortcode, yep, that'd be the case.

However, with what you're wanting to do here, you may wish to check out the solution that my colleague Ashok provided some time ago:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-pro-how-to-create-an-instructors-list#post-773311

You may need to do a bit of CSS coding here to get the styling you want, but it's an option. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.