Out of all the gazillion options for setting up a simple

Out of all the gazillion options for setting up a simple membership site to download videos, Membership is ...one of them!
But Membership is the simplest! No thousands of add ons, with billions of configurations, with zillions of levers and gears and options and settings and configurations.
I just need folks to pay $20 a month, to download whatever videos they want. The only problem? No Stripe!
I know I've seen a lot of write ups about it, but... when's it gonna happen?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Brad Griffin,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

There is already a feature request created for adding Stripe payment gateway in to Membership plugin. This feature may be added in future version of plugin but We don't publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed(which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!).

Also see the following posted reply that may help you.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-stripe-gateway#post-321648

Alternatively if you want to you can hire a developer from https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-custom-development/ to develop it for you.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Brad Griffin
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have @Vinod. I've actually read it several times, Snagged the code from the DropBox link, and after several attempts, I'm getting the same results as a lot of the other folks. It's simply not working.

I'm a huge fan of community, but sometimes the best person to integrate and work on a plugin is the author.
    ...especially if it's a premium, paid plugin
    ...especially if an organization (cough, cough) has hundreds of talented coders at their access.
    ...especially if they are - INDEED - interested in increasing their sales. (???)

If I'm not the only one inquiring about it, and I see the requests over on the plugin threads over at the WP repo, and you're sending me links to 'even more' threads - with what looks like well over 100 comments - I'm just starting to wonder if WMPU itself is still concerned about their sales and how committed they are to making future development a priority.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hiya @Brad Griffin,

Hope you're well today! Just wanted to drop in and add some comments here. :slight_smile:

First of all, I'd like to confirm we have a working version of Stripe ready to go for the brand new spanking new complete re-write of Membership, this is the biggest Membership plugin update we've ever done, it's all new, some great new features, code re-write, easy extendability, it's been in the works for a while and is getting closer to release.

I'm just starting to wonder if WMPU itself is still concerned about their sales and how committed they are to making future development a priority.

We are super committed! We've had some new releases lately such as Reader https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/reader/

Custom sidebars Pro https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custom-sidebars-pro/ amongst other updates, but those are both brand new plugins!

Then we have some major updates on the way, including all new user interfaces and user experiences, some of the major updates are planned and in active development for MarketPress and Appointments+.

We also have other great updates on the way for Pop Up, including some fantastic new designs, that will blow your mind!

And of course, don't forget our super awesome new theme project, that is closer to release than ever, all in all, the next few months, are going to see some great new releases and a revolutionary new theme, you can't get more committed than that. :slight_smile:

Any ideas for anything, we're all ears.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Brad Griffin
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Jack, you are a sexy beast and I want to bear your children.

Seriously though. I really wanted to keep everything under one roof. Simple $20 membership and throw some WPMU Affiliate in there as well, and bada boom bada bing ~ now I'm not flipping 8,295 levers over with some other plugin that has to link with another plugin that goes to another plugin from another developer with a different version of a custom plugin from another author that works with a different plugin.

WPMU, Affiliate and Membership. Done.

Jack, can I get a beta copy of this? If I can understand it, anyone can :wink:

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hiya Brad! :slight_smile:

Ha ha, :smiley:

You'll be pleased to know in Membership 4.0, we're cutting down on the levers we have and with a super easy to use setup process!

Jack, can I get a beta copy of this? If I can understand it, anyone can :wink:

Not at the moment, sorry! Not even everyone on the team has tried it yet, we'll still developing and working on the interface and user experience, let's just say it's reasonably close to a release.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.