Overhaul of live site. Developer support required

I've been using MP for three years now.

I'm stuck with my current implementation of it because it's a live commercial site and I don't have the skills to run a test version of anything or sandbox paypal so I can learn, risk-free.

What I would like to do is move the whole thing over to Upfront and to this end I have been studying using the plugin and have three sites successfully using this so site design and layout I can handle. In the next few weeks I'm looking for developer support to:
1) Get more than two variations of a product working in dropdown- currently limited to 2. Each of my products has 3 variations and my workaround is ugly.

2) Have a better solution for postal options- again limitations of MP mean I have an another ugly solution i.e. separate "products" that are really only postal variations (like Tracked Shipping).

3) Housekeeping: Optimising tables; clearing out unnecessary files and anything else that's obvious to the tutored eye. I have looked at doing this myself but have been worried about breaking the live site and not having the skills to install a backup to server.

In general terms the wpmudev plugins work well enough out of the box but there is essential missing functionality, particularly in MP, for commercial users e.g. proper accounts for customers so that they can see their postal details, edit them and see their old orders.

I've been studying and educating myself as best I can about site development but I can see there is only so far I can go with a live site so I need developer support to get the above addressed.

Any suggestions?

Sajid

Hello Paul,
    Hope you are doing good today

I am glad to know you have learned Upfront and now you can easily handle the design stuff. That is pretty impressive.

Regarding the other three points, I am sorry but we don't provide custom development services. We can help some coding related stuff but that does not include taking over the whole site and setting it up according to member's requirements. That said, we still would help fixing minor stuff by engaging our developers time to time but it will be limited (only developer can decide whether it handled inside support or beyond the level of support we can provide here).

But again, if you need a full fledge developer support that can take over your site then the best place is jobs board. Post a job or reach out to a developer directly so they can set it up according to your own requirements.

Take care and have a nice day

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Paul

Hardly impressive Sajid- It's been fun though. And I do like the way Upfront is going.

I will put up a jobs request, thanks. Are the posts there only visible to vetted developers at wpmu?

To be fair to my request I do think there are some routine shortcomings with the MP plugin which I've listed above. I can see requests going back years on here asking for these very things (some of which are mine).

MP is the reason I opted for wpmu rather than competitors' solutions: from my point of view it's your flagship plugin- and I do like some of the changes that have been made this year. It's just a shame that some parts are now dated.

I really don't want to nuke my store and install a different plugin but if I can't trust it to work from day to day or if functionality isn't expanded I won't have any choice unfortunately.

Sajid

Hello Paul,
    Hope you are doing good today

Are the posts there only visible to vetted developers at wpmu?

These jobs don't come up in google search results but any one with direct link can see the jobs.

However, even if they can see the job, they still can not contact you without being a member.

Even though, MarketPress does not got new features but is definitely one of popular plugins and we are providing support and bug fixes along with other features. Like we recently integrated with Upfront so you can easily create shops by just drag and drop.

Take care and have a nice day

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support