Overriding Theme Settings for Text Size/Color on Pages

Another simple question.

I'm trying to create a Homepage for a Forum style website which basically has a bunch of links to the different forums on the home page.

I am trying to Add New Page for the homepage and enter html into the edit box.

But it's not letting me change the font size or link color with html.

Seems to be grabbing the themes present settings.

What am I doing wrong?

Tks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings 2456Zebra,

Thank you for the question and there is no possible way for us to know anything without something to go on for example the name of the theme but this may also be custom coding that you are inquiring about which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here though we will offer custom coding in the near future from what I understand.

However, for now what theme are you referring to?

Have you asked the theme author about this custom coding?

What is the URL to the specific page and a detailed description of what you want to accomplish?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

By edit box, do you mean the text view of the visual editor? Or some where else?

Can you cut & paste the code you are using or do some screen shots?

Whislt it is outside the scope of the WPMUDEV support team, many here (including myself) probably can point you in the right direction, just need a bit more specifics of what you are trying.

• 2456Zebra
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Roibot.
    Appreciate the help.

Yes the Text View. I'm just entering some html into it to try and achieve the look of the page I want.

I haven't figured out the html yet...working on the first part of it now...and only did one test.

Basically I am going to have 4 columns

Header 1 Header 2 Header 3 Header 4 (all links to main categories forum lists)

Then below each header the different forums in that category.

Just want to make them bigger and change the color.

Headers will be larger than the link options below.

Thank you!!!

p.s. While your at it...if you know how to change the size of the header in bp default theme, I have another help request still open without an answer.

Tks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings 2456Zebra,

In an attempt to be more helpful with simple code edits which only take a few moments to find and change we can offer some assistance or at least direction to where you need to be looking.

So, let me start with some tutorial links first. This should help you to understand Firebug and Chrome Developer tools:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easily-edit-your-wordpress-theme-with-google-chrome-developer-tools/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/customizing-your-wordpress-theme-using-firebug/

They will get you started with learning those tools should you so desire which will make items like this much easier to deal with.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats forever :wink:

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hiya, we haven't heard from you in a while so I just wanted to check in and see how things are going here?

If you still need some assistance then by all means just reopen the thread or create another one for any new and related issues.

Cheers.
    Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.